disappeared Drag & Drop functionality

12345678ytrewq

Question

It seems there disappeared Drag & Drop function (or maybe there something went wrong in my PC). I previously dragged audio files from any Windows File explorer  folders and directly dropped to cakewalk and it created new audio track with dropped new file there. Same now with Loopcloud app. Previously I could drag & drop purchased audio files into Cakewalk and now this not works anymore. I can only import audio via File-Import-Audio...  Suggestions?

Edited by Andris Rinkis
additional info

7 answers to this question

Thanks scook! Your advice worked! I checked my shortcut and there was enabled Run as Administrator. I switched it off and now all works again! 

So is it better to run Cakewalk not as Administrator to have all functionality enabled? I thought when Run as Admin is better way to start programms?

The DAW and nothing bundled with the DAW require running as administrator.

Some XP era plug-ins need access to protected parts of the registry.

Some 3rd party plug-ins try to write to their plug-in folder.

Often rather than address the cause of these issues some users elect to run the DAW as administrator.

• Thanks 1

As a test, I temporarily set my CbB shortcut to "Run as Administrator", yet I was still able to drag and drop and audio file directly from a Windows Explorer file window into CbB.  Maybe it's on certain Windows builds or from certain folders only. 

I am running the latest CbB (2021.1 build 98) on a fully patched Windows 10 64bit Build 20H2 19042.870

On 3/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, Promidi said:

As a test, I temporarily set my CbB shortcut to "Run as Administrator", yet I was still able to drag and drop and audio file directly from a Windows Explorer file window into CbB.  Maybe it's on certain Windows builds or from certain folders only. 

I am running the latest CbB (2021.1 build 98) on a fully patched Windows 10 64bit Build 20H2 19042.870

If you've got UAC disabled, or you're actually logged in as Administrator this might explain why you can do this.

• Like 1