Commit arrangement nervousness

jkoseattle

Question

I have a project which is ten minutes long and is split up into a couple dozen arranger sections. I've composed a new section. Taking advantage of the Arranger, I put my new section way off past the end of the piece while I was deciding if I wanted it, and just used an arrangement to audition how it fits in with what's already there. (Wow, what an improvement that feature is!!! Thanks, CW!!)

So... now I'm happy with the new arrangement. I've used the Commit Arrangement to Project feature before, and it works very nicely. However, this was for re-arranging an entire piece. In this instance, I am just replacing one section with another, and the rest of the work, another 15-20 sections going 8 more minutes, is as yet untouched. 

My arrangement only has the few sections I was working through and not the whole enchilada. If I Commit to Arrangement, will I lose all the subsequent sections? Should I just drag all the subsequent untouched sections onto the end of this new arrangement just to keep things after the change the same? I don't want to lose stuff. What is the best practice in this case?

Example:

Original version: Sections 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and 12 in that order
New version: New Section 13 created, placed way past the end of section 12 in the timeline. And I've decided 13 needs to go between 3 and 4. And arrangement I've been listening to bears this out. That arrangement consists of only 1,2,3,13, and 4

New desired version: 1,2,3,13,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

2 answers to this question