Searching with Plugin Browser doesn't return folder names

Michael Ennis

Hey All!

If it even matters, I'm working with a custom plugin layout where I first organize by effect type and then sub-categorize by Vendor although this behavior seems consistent with built in plugin layouts.

An example of the issue would be my Slate Digital plugins.  If I do a search for "Slate" I only get results for plugins that have that string in their plugin name i.e. "Slate Digital FG-X" and  "TH-U Slate" but not "Inf EQ" or "Verbsuite Classics".  I don't get any results for any of the folders named "Slate" throughout the folder structure. which would be immensely helpful when you're not sure of the exact name of a plugin. Of course, renaming the plugins to include the vendor name would work but that's a bit of madness, eh? ;)

Using the plugin manager I'm able to see, when highlighting a plugin in "Registered Plugins" , that every one of my plugins have the proper vendor name in the "Vendor" field so maybe another way to do it would be to include Vendor as a search criteria or something similar?

Channel Strip
---Slate Digital
------Virtual Mix Rack
Dynamics
---Slate Digital
------Slate Digital FG-X
------VBC FG-Grey
EQ
---Slate Digital
------Inf EQ
Guitar
---Overloud
------TH-U Slate
Reverb
---Slate Digital
------Verbsuite Classics

Thx!
Mike

• Great Idea 1

You are correct about the search field only returning the plugin name which seems logical to me as you can already sort by plugin Manufacturer and find stuff that way if you prefer, personally tend to remember the plugin name more than I do the manufacturer so I guess for now you would have to rename them all for it to work the way you want. 

image.thumb.png.6ac1b72be11fe361034dc30079c2ed41.png