Reasons to smile - a new song, first draft

Smashing Galaxy

Good, we need more positive attitude around here.
Your voice lends itself well to the minimalist format of the song. Wouldn't change that.
The volume tends to get too low at times, but I see this is a first draft so something to work on.
I enjoyed this one quite a lot.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed the song, enjoyed the message, your voice and your playing. I agree with Bjorn that at times the volume of the song drops a bit too low. I never worked with folk music, but if I was working on this I might eq a bit of brightness into the acoustic's sound just for variety. I might also take out a few mouth sounds which I do to my singing. Just minor things, really good overall! Good vibes back at ya

• Thanks 1

Perfect - I wouldn't change a doggone thing!  You have written some great, uplifting lyrics.  The minimalist instrumentation is absolutely perfect in completing the package.  When I listened it sounded like a guy and his guitar expressing some happy thoughts and it was more like a personal presentation for the listener.  I am not sure if the volume was adjusted when I listened.  However, even when it got soft it served only to draw me into the song further.  The way it is presented now makes it very personal.  I did not notice any little glitches but if they were there they only added to the humanity of the song.

Very well done!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I listened on decent headphones. Really liked the tune and the overall vibe, nailed it.

The "ooooh ooooh oooohs" could maybe be a bit tighter in their timing in spots, but only if you want to obsess about it.

Along that obsessive edge, you might actually reduce the volume of your lead vocal just a smidge. That would 1) bring up the "dead" spots other people have commented on, and 2)clean up a couple of mouth noises in the gaps. Again, none of that is a dealbreaker in what is a very catchy and memorable song.

cheers,

-Tom