Level metering with Controller problem/Focus Track of selected Clip

Heinz Hupfer

HI:)

I do gain staging with controller level metering, but....

Down below a short video of the (small) problem:

In the video:

1. Entering my Level Mode - press play

2. Controller shows correct level of focused track, you can see this on soloing the track

3. I choose another track, press play and solo it and it shows correct level for gain staging

4. I select a clip and play selection (Shift+Space) and it doesn't show the clip level but the level of the focused track!

Now the problem is that I can't focus the "Clip" selected track, but with Track select fader or by clicking in the tracks name with the mouse.

So I have to move 2 Faders to show the level of a selected clip. 

I could move both together, clip selection and the next/previous track action, but as soon an empty track occurs, the track selection is

behind the clip selection, not in sync anymore.

There should be a possibility to focus the selected track or the track of an selected clip with a shortcut or an SDK function. 

Other possibility is to read out the number of the track of a selected clip, but I can't find any variable to show this. The same with the Data Cursor. Would be fine to know on which track the DC is "current".

Not only for level metering, but would be nice to mute or solo the track of the selected clip.

I can go the other way and select the focused track with ",", but this only works if the track view is in focus, if the focus is on the inspector this command doesn't work anymore....

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer