FX Bin question

Vlad_Muc

Since I always use ProChannel for my plugins, I've never tried to add plugins to the FX Bin before.
Today I played a bit with Sonar (I bought a DAW controller so I tried this and that during configuration) and I've noticed that the FX bin allows adding of MIDI-Instruments.  So I added an instrument but, as expected, I couldn't play it because it receives no MIDI information.  

My Question: what is the sense of adding a MIDI Instrument to the FX bin within an audio track and how does it work?

Thx a lot! :)

Years ago, the standard way of adding synths in SONAR was placing them in the FX Rack.

This method is still supported but should only be used with synths designed to work on audio data such as a Vocoder. 

Any plug-in, effect or synth, in an FX Rack that uses MIDI data needs an additional MIDI track routed to the plug-in for its MIDI data.

The current method for adding most synths does not place them in the FX rack but instead uses the synth rack to host the plug-ins and uses an instrument track or audio+MIDI pair to transmit data to and from the synth.

• Like 2