Antelope Audio

Light Grenade

I'm looking at an Antelope Discrete 4, it has the exact specs I need. Does anyone run antelope gear? I'm curious how it works with Windows 10. 

My Focusrite Clarett 4PRE has been absolutely solid, but I'd just like another two lineouts without upgrading to a rack unit or adding an ADAT unit. 

Antelope conversion is apparently tremendous, but driver reviews sound shaky at best. There's not many Windows reports either. 

Cheers

Hi.
To be real honest I used their Orion Studio for a while.
Great sounding unit with an excellent clock.

The problem was customer service and updates to drivers.
In the end I got so fed up with it (on windows 10) and bought an Apollo x8p.

Gary

• Like 1

I have an Orion 32+ which I love. I use the Thunderbolt driver which is ASIO only so I use a different device for Youtube and Spotify. While the driver seems to be bulletproof, the Control Panel can only be opened with the Antelope Launcher which has crapped out on me twice. Cakewalk and Reaper could see and use the device with no problem but the Antelope Launcher could not. Both times Customer Service was unable to help. They were very friendly and prompt but the solution both times was to reload Windows 10.

My only other complaint is that there is no remote control capability for the Effects which means no automation. They sound fantastic but I can only control them with a mouse in real time and for me that makes them unusable.

I have had the Orion 32+ for over 4 years now and the problems with the Antelope Launcher has only cost me a couple of days reloading Windows. And both times  I've done that I have been glad I did. The machine works so much better afterword. 

So, I am glad I bought mine. If I ever have to buy another interface it will be the 32+ Gen 3.

• 6 months later...

I've had an Antelope Orion 32 it's been running since mid 2015 and sounds great.  

Windows 10 Pro x64 with touchscreen monitor

Bandlab\Cakewalk (formerly Sonar)

Pro Tools 2020.12.0

Soundforge 11

Vegas 12

Wavelab 8.0.3 x64

Studio One 4 Pro

Intel Core i9-7900X 10-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2066 140W BX80673I97900X Desktop Processor

Corsair Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 280MM Radiator

ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe LGA 2066 Intel X299 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

G. SKILL Trident Z Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C17Q-64GTZKWEVGA 02G-P4-3660-RX

GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Acer T272HL bmidz 27-Inch Touch Screen LCD Display

Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 2TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D3, QLC Internal Solid-State Drive (SSD) SSDPEKNW020T9X1, Used as "C:\ SSD

Intel SSD 600p Series (1.0TB, M.2 2280 80mm NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4, 3D1, TLC), Used as "Samples drive"

3 Western Digital SATA III 7200 rpm hard drives (for audio, samples and backup)

Antelope Orion 32

RME MADI FX PCIe (MADI light pipe to the Orion 32)

Antelope Satori

Antelope R4S

UAD-2 OCTO Accelerator PCIe card

Softube Console 1

1- iLok version 2

Novation 61SL MKII keys\controller

• Like 1

I've been running an Orion Studio Synergy Core for a few months.

Absolutely rock-solid

When connected via Thunderbolt, current Antelope audio interfaces can yield sub 1ms total round-trip latency.

(Obviously the machine has to be able to keep up with the load... or you'll hear glitches)

I view the onboard DSP as a bonus (not the primary reason for choosing/using the interface)

Antelope has a way of over-complicating things (names of products, manuals, etc)

If you can get beyond that, the interfaces are excellent.

The onboard DIs and preamps are the best I've heard from any audio interface.

Ultra low-latency performance is amongst the best currently available.

Routing/mixing flexibility is similar to RME's Total-Mix (but with more DSP options).

Converters and clock are (IMO) the best you'll find in any current audio interface.

Almost all of our professional composer clients are using Antelope audio interfaces.

• Like 2