Is there any chance that Cakewalk will shut down?

Aloe Duke

16 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Hey, some of us don’t use Cakewalk. Some never have. Or maybe only me. I’m here for the deals. Always was. So if the forum would shut down, I’ll visit Larryland. 

Those that don't use Cakewalk clearly have some things to learn about the best audio deal on the market.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Hey, some of us don’t use Cakewalk. Some never have. Or maybe only me. I’m here for the deals. Always was. So if the forum would shut down, I’ll visit Larryland. 

Me too. Studio One user. I’ve never tried Cakewalk. I’m not much of a baker. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aloe Duke said:

Will it close?

it's free

I'm guessing you're worried you'll learn how to use it and then it'll shut down

it may happen

but what you learn will be transferrable, mostly, to other DAWs

I learned in Reaper and now I'm a happy S1 user

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aloe Duke said:

Does it have continuity? 

You’re definitely asking this question in the wrong part of the Cakewalk forum. In the Deals forum you will find a lot of people that doesn’t use Cakewalk by BandLab, so you can expect many of the comments to reflect just that. But in short, your question has been asked many, many times before when the concept of  Cakewalk by BandLab was first presented and the answer has always been an unreserved Yes from the owner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Canopus said:

You’re definitely asking this question in the wrong part of the Cakewalk forum. In the Deals forum you will find a lot of people that doesn’t use Cakewalk by BandLab, so you can expect many of the comments to reflect just that. But in short, your question has been asked many, many times before when the concept of  Cakewalk by BandLab was first presented and the answer has always been an unreserved Yes from the owner.

Where should I ask? 

8 minutes ago, Aloe Duke said:

Where should I ask? 

I don’t think this question needs to be asked yet again as nothing really has officially changed since the first announcement made by the current owner Kuok Meng Ru more than three years ago, but in case you want to see for yourself you can look at the first official statement:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-By-BandLab-is-here-Free-Available-for-Windows-now-Updated-Dec-11-2018-m3743935.aspx

• Like 1

I hope not now that Cakewalk has done so much work on stability.  Really I think the payoff will be when there is the tie-in with Bandlab and it is  seemless :)

In a few months we shall see :)   

Now I don't understand the alarm and really IMHO we should all learn at least one more DAW as a back-up.    

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I hope not now that Cakewalk has done so much work on stability.  Really I think the payoff will be when there is the tie-in with Bandlab and it is  seemless :)

In a few months we shall see :)   

Now I don't understand the alarm and really IMHO we should all learn at least one more DAW as a back-up.    

There seems to be a lot of paranoia with software lately.  This thread I would put on the level of Waves users fearing the WUP would be cancelled after they just shelled out $300.