Neural DSP Soldano SLO-100

filo

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

Another licensed take on SLO-100.  I recall Paul Reed Smith being thrilled about GTR3 back in the day. He "couldn't tell" the difference.

Wonder, if IK's version will keep the label.

But maybe this one will be the right one ;)

Zillya thing claims (in virustotal tool) installer has Backdoor.Bladabindi.Win32.17008.

Hm, false positive or maybe they are mining bitcoins for cortex production 🤔

Aahahah 

Anyway what's exiting is that if they start to bring single amps this might be cool ..

Still AT  5 is unbeatable value for money , curious how the nembrini compares to this one , i remeber liking it a lot !

1 minute ago, Zo said:

Anyway what's exiting is that if they start to bring single amps this might be cool ..

although pretty price for just 1 amp :( but it is slo100 so if it is good emulation... the real thing sounds so amazing on records...

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

Still AT  5 is unbeatable value for money , curious how the nembrini compares to this one , i remeber liking it a lot !

I have nembrini slo, ik slo and STL slo emulations (&maybe others I forgot?). And I like definitely STL the most. Although none of them to my ears is really close to what I can hear from real slo 100 or even synergy module :(

But as never was so lucky to be real thing user, can only use other guys work and kindness to hear how it sounds alone and unprocessed.

Yeah, AT5 is great for a money but the same thing was true for AT4.  To be honest I have no motivation for upgrade at all. AT5 and AT4 sound very different even when checking with AT5 CS but for some emulation actually I prefer AT4. And having AT4MAX price for upgrading to even AT5 is instant deal breaker for me atm.

I think when there would be a deal available to go to AT5 I will still be keeping AT4 for some uses - not mentioning AT5 is still buggy and very slowly loading so to have a pleasure of play I  prefer AT4 or STL things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Is there an intro code?  I see $119 by default.  Thanks.

you get the 20% off if you own other of their stuff. Comes to $95 USD. I would still wait for a 50% sale.

LOL.. I like how IKM gave away Soldano for free a few weeks ago to screw them. It's like their have a snitch in NeuralDSP or something.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

you get the 20% off if you own other of their stuff. Comes to $95 USD. I would still wait for a 50% sale.

Ya I have other neural stuff so saw the loyalty discount.  They used to offer intro codes/discounts before but starting with Gojira they seem to have stopped.

Edited by kevin H

Wow... Seems their pages overloaded, happy I was fast enough to load demo...

I am afraid after playing for several minutes ... I will not able not to buy this thing...

It bites but it is not harsh as others and really great sounding... with sustain stretched like rubber.

And lots ( I mean lots) of nice presets...

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, filo said:

@Piotr Still CPU hungry as the others?

Sorry, indeed I went through all presets, played with it and missed 'in action' . Used only standalone version so far.

It is eating 7-8% of my cpu (which is i5 4460 @3,2GHz ).

Edited by Piotr
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Now that I have Amplitube 5 I've really stopped caring about other amp sims.

AT5 while quite good only opened the door for me to take in the box sims seriously.  That said they lack some of my go to sounds, I think they need to dive deeper in the boutique market.  PA sims became my go to as they offer closer to the sounds I'm after and are lighter on the resources.   But for an all in on solution AT5 would certainly be the top contender.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...