Unify 1.4 is HERE!

TheSteven

Unify 1.4 is HERE!

New to Unify 1.4:

• 32 New Patches by John Lehmkuhl. Total # of Patches: 570!
• AAX PlugIn Suport! HELLO ProTools
• Sync'd LFO with custom waveshape - new worlds just opened up!
• LiveControl™ integrated into Unify for realtime control and seamless muting of Layers (and 1 layer can be an ENTIRE 24 Layer UNIFY patch!)
• 2 Incredible effects installed: Chow Tape Model and Chow Matrix (incredible tape simulation and the coolest DDL effect you've seen ANYWHERE) and both are FREE and included by very kind permission by CHOW DSP with the installation.

ILIO's UNIFY UPDATE PAGE

Unify Change Log

edit: note there is a typo in the release date shown below that has been subsequently fixed on the change log page.
image.png.77741730d22036622e94a307383d1d53.png

image.png.59ca13ebbe034ad2c4cdb2bbfed9dee1.png

image.png.aeb8d3a098b91ad721cd9fa620dc9372.png

image.png.2b782198becb8a283a7276c5d722d9de.png

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Any idea why this doesn't support vst3?  That's the deal breaker for me.

It does support VST3. It even comes as a VST2 and VST3 plugin version. Finds and loads VST3 plugins OK.

The developer just prefers the VST2 format plugin versions for the factory Unified presets he creates.

Comment on the subject from the developer, Shane Dunne:

For Unify libraries, we to prefer the older VST2 format, when available, because it usually results in smaller patch files, and also because some plug-in vendors have struggled with certain features of the VST3 interface. However, you can certainly use any of your own VST3 plug-ins with Unify.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, abacab said:

It does support VST3. It even comes as a VST2 and VST3 plugin version. Finds and loads VST3 plugins OK.

The developer just prefers the VST2 format plugin versions for the factory Unified presets he creates.

Comment on the subject from the developer, Shane Dunne:

Gotcha. I guess I had just noticed the presets were related to vst2, which isn't that useful to me.  Cool product, though.

Yes, very cool! I have U-he Repro, and purchased the Unified library and the Power Pack for that. They did a nice job there!

Plus there are free Unify libraries for Pigments, Pendulate, Surge, Spifire LABS, and others.

What the Guru did with Pendulate is nothing short of amazing. This is a free mono synth, that he created  a number of bonus poly patches for using their MIDI plugin 'Polybox'. He creates a voice pool using a Unify layer with 8 instances of the mono synth, and then groups them all with Polybox to have an 8 voice synth. :)

Try doing that at home without hurting yourself!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dang. I know I’ve got to get Unify someday. I’m an avid PlugInGuru fan with great love for his Omnisphere banks like the MegaMagic ones. John Lehmkuhl sure is a sound wizard ever since his Korg days, but who am I and what am I still doing on this fence?

On 3/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, TheSteven said:

Unify 1.4 is HERE!

New to Unify 1.4:

• 32 New Patches by John Lehmkuhl. Total # of Patches: 570!
• AAX PlugIn Suport! HELLO ProTools
• Sync'd LFO with custom waveshape - new worlds just opened up!
• LiveControl™ integrated into Unify for realtime control and seamless muting of Layers (and 1 layer can be an ENTIRE 24 Layer UNIFY patch!)
• 2 Incredible effects installed: Chow Tape Model and Chow Matrix (incredible tape simulation and the coolest DDL effect you've seen ANYWHERE) and both are FREE and included by very kind permission by CHOW DSP with the installation.

ILIO's UNIFY UPDATE PAGE

Unify Change Log

image.png.77741730d22036622e94a307383d1d53.png

image.png.59ca13ebbe034ad2c4cdb2bbfed9dee1.png

image.png.aeb8d3a098b91ad721cd9fa620dc9372.png

image.png.2b782198becb8a283a7276c5d722d9de.png

Version 1.4 released in 2020? That’s old news! Lol

1 hour ago, Jeremy Sang H Kong said:

How drastically different did you map the nanokontroller 2? I use it for a few other uses and I'm hoping the remapping that Unify 1.4 requires won't mess up my other uses otherwise I have to remap for those other uses to get the most out of it.  Amazing progress by the way!

You probably need to ask that question over at https://forums.pluginguru.com/

The author does not post in our forum.