Content location Presets in Media Browser

Jean Meyer

Question

Hello,

I am just learning how to use Cakewalk and made a mistake with the "Content Location presets" in Media Browser.

I saved some folders as content location presets, which worked well. Unfortunately I clicked  some of the standard content location folders like Track Icons, Track Templates... too and saved them. So I have some double entries. I could delete my content location presets without problems, but NOT that ones of the standard content location folders presets which are double entries.

Is there a way to undo or delete those double entries?

Thanks in advance! Cakewalk is great. 😉

MediaBrowser.png

Edited by Jean Meyer

4 answers to this question

Hello technot,

thanks very much for your reply!

I am sorry, if I explained the problem in an misunderstanding way. I don't have duplicated folders on my drive, only the presets of Content Locations in the Media Browser of Cakewalk are duplicated. English is not my native language. Sorry 😎

I read the article about "Using Content Location presets" in Cakewalks Help Center, before I posted my question as I experienced a different behaviour as described.

1 My situation:
The standard "Content Location" presets like Track Icons, Track Templates... are - at least on my Windows 10 system - NOT deletable as the "Delete Icon" is greyed out, not activated!

I can make Content Location presets like described in the article and delete them as for those Content Locations the "Delete Icon" is red and activated.

2 Re-Install:
After deleting the Cakewalk folders in "Programm Files, ProgrammData and in my User" I re-installed Cakewalk without deleting the registry entries. When I opened up Cakewalk, the double entries like in my added picture were still present.

So I did a clean re-install with deleting the appropriate folders and registry entries like in this article:
https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034066393-Clean-Install-Cakewalk-by-BandLab
The second  "Cakewalk" folder was not in Programm files (x64), but in ProgrammData on my system. The rest was like in the article. Now the double entries were gone, when I checked the Media Browser and Content Location presets.

Okay, after successfully solved that issue, I made another Content Location preset for a folder I wanted to have quick access to - simply as a test. Then I deleted that preset again, which was possible as the "Delete Icon" was red and active .... AND I HAD NEARLY THE SAME DOUBLE ENTRIES AGAIN? The only thing I did was deleting that Content Location preset I just made before.

What do you think about that?
1 Is Content Location presets working in your situation?
2 Can you delete Content Location presets of the standard Content Locations like Track Icons, Track Templates...?
3 What happens when you make and delete a Content Location preset for a folder you want to have quick access?

or is it only on my system like that?

Thanks in advance! Have a great day ;-)

The entries above the separator are a most recently used list stored in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\PresetMRU\{59137CAB-F9AA-4354-81C7-4F68292A785F}

Deleting all the entries will remove them from the drop down and prevent the list from being created

or

Leave it there, it is harmless