SIENNA from Acustica Audio HP mixing plugin

Hidden Symmetry

Sienna_Rooms_teaser_002.png?1615571593

Sienna works out of the box with over 150 headphones – and counting – from the world’s most famous brands that we consistently measured and profiled using a highly sophisticated and extremely accurate system. On release, Sienna - Volume A will include over 150 headphone emulations from the world's most famous brands that we carefully measured and profiled. Also, accurate models of 2 studios (Acustica's control room and HOG studio control room 1),4 sets of high-end monitors (sampled in an anechoic chamber and in the included studios.)
Additional Volumes/Packs will be released in the near future.

Sienna includes:
-Sienna Reference
this plugin is focused on headphone correction, with filtering.
-Sienna Rooms
this plugin features room emulations and headphone correction.
-Sienna 'Guru'
this plugin is an advanced 'extra' version, featuring additional fine-tuning controls.

early-bird price of €89 (40% down from the regular price: €149) Valid through April 5  March 25, 2021 11:59 pm CET   April 5

Personal discount codes can be used in addition to the intro price.

https://www.sienna.studio/
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

Well you never know with Acustica..

I find it too convoluted for my uses. I only like using cans for spot checking, hate them for mixing or tracking guitars. You can make your cans sound good using the guru plugin but I want them flat..

I will say they sound better than SonarWorks which have that pre-ringing / phasey sound..

I'll keep the demo installed until it runs out & after they release the 3rd pack that has other listening environments; cars,  speakers, etc...

*also Tuesday they're releasing VolumeB ( extra$)

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

Volume B will be released Tues.,  includes 7 studios / 10 speaker sets  @€79

Also, these headphone profiles:

- Audio Technica ATH-ADX 5000

- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80ohm

- Sennheiser HD598SE

- Sennheiser 450 BT

- Mackie MC-450

- Audio-Technica ATH-M70 X

- V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Master

- Denon DJ DN-HP1000

- Grado ps500e

- Bowers & Wilkins P7

- AKG K812

- Sennheiser HD 800 S

- Empire Ear ESR

- Shure SRH 1840

- Audeze LCD2 (open back)

- Oppo PM-1

- Sennheiser HD800

10 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Will Volumes B and C be free addons?

The headphone profiles will be but not the added studios, rooms or environments.

Keep in mind early bird pricing with Acustica equates to a working beta release. They might change that policy down the road, add & include certain ones for free.. Personal discount codes should work on these packs too.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

The headphone profiles will be but not the added studios, rooms or environments.

Keep in mind early bird pricing with Acustica equates to a working beta release. They might change that policy down the road, add & include certain ones for free.. Personal discount codes should work on these packs too.

now available-

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/siennavolumeb

Well I've jumped in , the penny finally dropped last night, even more so today with Vol C.

I already own SW Reference 4, Waves NX, Waves Abbey Road Studio 3,  Waves Ocean Way Nashville, Tone Boosters Morphit, and Realphones, and to me Sienna would be worth it for just the reference part alone(at least at intro pricing). It's as good if not better in that department than the others IMO, seems more detail can be heard, helps translate better to other systems just in my limited availability, phone, Laptop speakers, iPod, car, 2 different stereo systems, TV speakers, particularly in the low end, I've known this before and just allowed for it in a hit or miss way. But with Sienna it seems to be hit without the need to 'allow' 'guess'.

Then the 'Rooms' plugin, which has of course the 'Rooms' simulation and also contains the reference part. It's quite nice and different rooms can reveal stuff. The flatter more natural rooms like the Spitfire stuff and various other 'Anechoic' rooms are really good for getting it right (So can be the other rooms) there is some really rocking rooms in there (vol A or B it's all Good).

Then Guru, after messing around for a while in one of the spitfire rooms, fixing things up a bit, I started trying it out in other rooms, all sounded good, then I hit this one, and I just started laughing, it was just full on rockin', man it was awesome. Then today Vol C came out, tried it out on various types of speakers, all good. Then the truth, real world,  iPod, car, stereos, TV laptop, all seem fine to me, in a better state than it was before. But I'll go back an change a lot of stuff around because there was a lot of ideas flying 'round in my head as I tinkered.

Apart from Sienna, I don't think I will using any of the other correction plugs again, except maybe the Waves ones now and then when wanted/required, maybe with the HP stuff turned off and Sienna Reference after it, maybe not.

I'm glad I waited on upgrading Sonarworks Reference 4.

All IMO, ymmv

Edited by Fret Flintstone

The Spitfire room is where it's at for me..I always end up going back to that.. Started working on a full blown mix, once you get these dialed in it's a helpful additional mixing tool.  Doesn't replace an actual room but helps me find issues the room doesn't..

Updates today:

Sienna Update: Sienna (tool) A046: minor fixes + new headphones added MARSHALL MAJOR III, AUDEZE LCD-2, AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH M40X, BEYERDYNAMIC T5P mk1, B&W P3, GRADO RS2E.

Sienna Trial A031: minor fixes + new headphones added MARSHALL MAJOR III, AUDEZE LCD-2, AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH M40X, BEYERDYNAMIC T5P MK1, B&W P3, GRADO RS2;

Sienna Volume C A020: minor fixes;

Sienna Volume C (Trial) A005: minor fixes.

1 hour ago, Fret Flintstone said:

You need Sienna first, it's well worth it. IMO of course.

Many thanks. I wasn’t into the demo but actually watching the video above and reading more I think it’s useful for final mix checking. I currently use reference and canopener for headphone mixing but will never finalise a mix like that so it does the job with lower overhead than Sienna for now.  I am well into the room checking side of things so I’ll wait till Black Friday deep discounts probably