Warp 1

Wookiee

Warp 1 

In answer to your question yes Warp 2 is being composed as I publish this.

Thank you to all who listen for your time and your ears it is appreciated.  

Synths used

Cherry Audio's Polymood
Arturia's Modular V (Moog), Jun-6 V OBXa V,
Captured in CbB, mixed in CbB using all stock Plugins except for Boz Digital +10dB Compressor Overloud's Breverb 2
and Polyverse Wider  

• Like 3

Not sure it evoked "light speed" to me, but maybe there is a sort of serene quality to it (warp 1 I mean).

The beat under it all made me of Pink Floyd (not a bad thing a t'all).

Really liked the bass line (the whole thing really, but really cool bass line).

👍's for sure.

t

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 4:43 PM, David Sprouse said:

The ultra high frequencies come through nicely. love the sound of the obx. perfectly tweaked   Arturia makes amazing synths.

Thank you David, you would be surprised the tweaking of the OBX could only be described as a happy accident a very happy accident. 

@DeeringAmps you are right thinking that about this. The idea for this came to me in that haze between waking & sleep. As a consequence I did some research on Warp speeds, it was interesting to discover what they actually mean. 

Warp 1 is as you probably know light speed. 

Warp 2 is not twice the speed of light but actually 8 times the speed of Warp 1.

To try and write something representing Warp speeds would have meant some really crazy BPM'S i.e. Warp 1 60 , Warp 2 480 BPM.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I thought it could be developed bit more

This is Warp 1 the maximum Warp is Warp 10 theoretically so fast you are in all places at once, or Trans Warp.

Warp 2 is is developing it further, thank you for your ears, time and comment.

That was just downright cool!  I like that rhythmic piece panned center that drives this song along.  I also have to agree with the comments concerning the bass  --- nice!

Given the idea of quantum super-positioning perhaps speed isn't important but what determines where you are and how fast you get there is the interference of the observer.  Nah, that only occurs at the sub atomic level.  Doesn't it?  I'm just sayin'.

Well done Wookiee - I enjoyed it!

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2021 at 6:19 PM, freddy j said:

That was just downright cool!

Thank you Freddy your input is alway greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

shall look forward to Warp 2

It is slowly 😂 coming together I have been slightly distracted by something else but it is there, thanks for listening and commenting.