Track Volume jumps 5dB when I freeze Superior Drummer 3

Billy86

So that's it. I froze SD3 (with 4 plugs) to reduce CPU load and its output jumped  about 5 dB. Hmm.  I unfroze, went back into SD3 and I toggled the "Follow Host" button off, thinking maybe it was still outputting audio, along with audio that resulted from freezing. No affect. 

I don't understand why... Any insight appreciated! 

@scook

CbB Obi Wan... :)  Can you suggest where I should look to figure out why, when I freeze a VSTi as you explained how to do and worked great (in this case Superior Drummer) it would jump about 5 dB in volume? As was asked here,  I'm not bouncing a stereo track to mono as I know can cause an increased in volume. I'm simply freezing it, which as I understand it is simply a "bounce in place." Thanks.

15 hours ago, scook said:

5db is an unusual value

start simple

freeze just the synth by itself make sure the instrument track interleave is set to stereo

Track is set to stereo. Not sure why, but this morning the freeze results in approx. a 2 dB decrease in level. Not that big of a deal; I can adjust for that pretty easily. 

6 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Actually looking at your specs I'm wondering why you need to freeze anything? My computer is 1/4 or less the horsepower of yours and I have never had to freeze a synth? How many tracks you running?  Is your CPU meter showing it's maxed out? 

14 tracks. 6 with guitars each running an Amplitube 5 guitar sim. Not  near maxing out.  Task Manager: CPU 17%. Memory 29%. Just trying to follow best practices and efficiency I guess. 

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Actually looking at your specs I'm wondering why you need to freeze anything? My computer is 1/4 or less the horsepower of yours and I have never had to freeze a synth? How many tracks you running?  Is your CPU meter showing it's maxed out? 

freezing tracks is pretty much a standard practice. Irrespective of your systems specs. 

It's old habbits.