Recorded in MONO by mistake, how can I make it stereo?

Marcello

The good news is guitar is most often recorded in mono.

There are a couple of ways to address the image above.

My preferred method is select the track then bounce to track(s) (without the FX rack) set the Source Category to Tracks, Channel Format to Split Mono and Dithering to None.

After bouncing, throw away the original and silent tracks The center pan the new track made from the right channel.

1 minute ago, scook said:

My preferred method is select the track then bounce to track(s) (without the FX rack) set the Source Category to Tracks, Channel Format to Split Mono and Dithering to None.

After bouncing, throw away the silent track and center pan the new track made from the right channel.

I'll try thanks, I just need it to be pan in the center, but it's mono

10 minutes ago, scook said:

After bouncing, throw away the original and silent tracks The center pan the new track made from the right channel.

I dont find this Bounce to track in  the menu, neither right clicking on the track

If you record using only one input on your audio interface then it’s mono.

You are implying you have recorded to a stereo track and therefore the recording signal is only left or right and asked how to Centre it? Is this correct? 

There’s a few ways to fix this but bounce to track is the fastest 

Highlight the track and go to Tracks look for the bounce to track  and follow directions 

Edited by John Vere

Here are 2 ways

duplicate the track

1) pitch up 6c on track pitch down 6c on the other track

2) move one track 10-20 miliseconds foreard then move the other track 10-20 milliseconds back

There are many plug-ins that can do this for you. You have to keep in mind that most of these technics can make the audio sound strange. You can also have phase issues. 

waves

ps22, S1 imager*

PSP Audioware Pseudo Stereo 

Melda MStereoSpread *

JST SideWidener

Plugin Alliance BX Stereomaker, bx control v2 *

This is also built into other plug-ins like

Waves Abbey Road TG mastering plug-in*

Nembrini -  PSA 1000*

and inside dozens of other plug-ins 

Good = *

I did this by mistake one. The problem is that it never goes to the center. I exported the wave file, opened in Sound Forge (you can use any other audio program), copied the entire wave file on the left, pasted to the right, and now you have left and right.  Save that and import it back into your project. 

4 hours ago, TVR PRODUCTIONS said:

I did this by mistake one. The problem is that it never goes to the center. I exported the wave file, opened in Sound Forge (you can use any other audio program), copied the entire wave file on the left, pasted to the right, and now you have left and right.  Save that and import it back into your project. 

You don't have to go outside of cakewalk  You can just duplicate the mono track then pan one hard left and one hard right. You can process from there.  The plugins will work with a single mono track.   

Edited by Max Arwood
Spelling