Book of Magic

Fred's Gratis Scores

Wow, it feels like forever since I was last on this board. Been busy with work, short courses, and revamping my template. Looks like things are settling down and I'll have more time to spend here. This one was inspired by a Harry-Potter-esque book (pictured) that a co-worker made and the first since taking a Orchestral Mixing short course. All feedback welcome. Enjoy!

Book of Magic by Fred's Gratis Scores

Travel to a magical place and practice your spells from the Book of Magic in this fantasy piece.

CC-BY (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
This piece is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC-BY). You can download, use in your playlists or in your videos, and create directive works both commercially and non-commercially. Have fun!

*Book art by and courtesy of Kayla Gould.

Download available.
Stems available at: www.bandlab.com/freds_gratis_scores/book-of-magic

Instruments used in this piece:
- Cinesamples CineWoods CORE
- Cinesamples CineBrass CORE
- Spitfire BBC Orchestra Discover (Strings, Percussion)
- Native Instruments Noire
- SoundIron Requiem Lite
- Spitfire Albion ONE (Strings)
- Cinesamples CineStrings CORE

#Orchestral
#Soundtrack
#Fantasy
#FredsGratisScores
#Cinesamples
#CineWoodsCore
#CineBrassCore
#Spitfire
#AlbionONE
#BBCSODiscover
#NativeInstrumentsNoire
#SoundIronRequiemLite
#CineStringsCore
#CakewalkByBandLab

• Like 3

2 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I listened on my consumer stereo system and there was  some pumping in tutti sections (sometimes samples just do that) not sure if you had compression involved.  Loved the composition, it had a folk songish cantus firmus which I really liked.

Thanks David! I think you are hearing a combination of not enough overlap in the midi notes (which in hindsight I know are lacking in some parts) and the attack time of the samples themselves. The CineBrass horns can be particularly troublesome.  At one point, I had to edit the clip volume of each note to get a smoother run.

1 hour ago, daryl1968 said:

lovely stuff Fred - the interlude in the middle section is especially pretty

Thanks Daryl. I got to use my new FaderPort2 with the piano on that middle section to add extra expression.

• Like 1