TH-U 60's Pack

Marc Cormier

I noticed the Brit 59 RR Head in pictures on the Overloud website a couple of months ago and wondered when it would be released.  Question answered.

TH-U 60's Pack

NEW! Rock 'n' Roll, Psychedelic, Early Rock, British Rock, Blues and many more guitar tones in one pack!

TH-U 60's pack includes everything you need to recreate the guitar tones of the most influential artists of the 60's. Rock 'n' Roll, Psychedelic, Early Rock, British Rock, Blues and many more musical style sounds are included in the pack.

EXPAND TH-U WITH NEW MODELS

The pack includes 22 models selected among the most representative guitar gear of the 60's.

6 guitar amplifiers

5 speaker cabinets

11 effects

It also includes 36 patches designed to recreate guitar tones of the most famous songs of that decade.

https://www.overloud.com/products/th-u-60s-pack

€ 59.00 Incl. VAT (€ 89.00)

Buy Now

• Thanks 1

Choptones also dropped their Brit 1959 RR Rig Library recently. (That may have been what you seen?)

https://www.overloud.com/products/choptones-brit-1959-rr

I've left TH-U behind, never use it, but I am curious to see what this pack is like, shame you can't demo them.

Don't forget if you own the full version of TH-U, you get an upgrade price of $39.

Edited by Fret Flintstone

1 hour ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Choptones also dropped their Brit 1959 RR Rig Library recently. (That may have been what you seen?)

It was weird - the exact same image of the RR head as they have on this expansion.  Must have just been a teaser.  I LOVE THU but I'm done throwing money at it.

42 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

Wonder if EHX is going to sue them for  TM infringement for the Satisfaction Fuzz.

They say it is based on the Maestro FZ 1 Fuzz Tone by Gibson, which is apparently the pedal used on Satisfaction by (Mr Richards)The Rolling Stones, so it would only be for the name, so I don't think so, but I'm now Lawyer, anyway they can work it out. Surely they are not that silly ;)

https://www.overloud.com/products/th-u-60s-pack/models

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maestro_FZ-1_Fuzz-Tone

Edited by Fret Flintstone

If you already own the Full TH-U, with this pack you are getting 3 new Amps and Cabs and 3 new FX(2 Pedals and 1 Rack) for your $39.

Rock '59 RR (Marshal Randy Roads) - Sounds Excellent, sweet as.

Top15 (1958 Vox Ac15) - Again, sounds excellent, very nice.

American Super '66 (1966 Fender Super Reverb) - and again, this thing sounds excellent from go to woe.

Magnetic Delay (Binson Echorec 2) - Very very nice unit.

Satisfaction Fuzz (Maestro FZ-1 Fuzz) - Come home to papa, this is the real deal, so nice in so many places.

Analog Boost (It's a Boost Pedal) - Left your overdrive pedal at home? don't worry we got you covered . . . just be careful.

As mentioned above, I have relegated TH-U to the dust heap, but the new updates/features to the main program and this pack may well get me using it a bit again, either way this is a very nice pack, I have no regrets giving them my $39.

I have sold full TH-U a year ago but  content of this pack is very tempting for me so I have decided to try it.

At first the negatives:

- I have to say I'm really disappointed from the embedded IR loader. I have tried every switch there and even with para EQ after it (LP filter) it sounds way different (worse) from the NadIR which I use as my main loader.  I have tried IRs from several sources (Seacow, OH, YorkAudio) with the same bad result.  So for the usage of reverb or delay I would need another instance of TH-U.  No big issue thanks to the light CPU consumption but it is not as straightforward as it could be.

- Zero free presets for the Rig Player.  I thought the Overloud has something prepared for trying their flagship item - just for taste how it works. Pity.

- Embedded cabs. No surprise for me that's why I prefer external IR

List of my positives  is fortunately longer:

+ Satisfaction Fuzz - generally I hate sound of fuzz but this one is something different

+ Analog boost - it reminds me a treble booster and it can help a lot

+ Amps -  every type in the pack is at least usable, I really like Rock 59, Rock 64 and Top15. And with mentioned fuzz or booster I'm able to get very saturated and tasty sound I like.

+ Looper - appreciate count-in and quantization.  I would like to use it for re-amping purposes (as first VST in FX chain). It is easier and faster for me than  record riff into the track at first

So for $50 (JRR with GROUP code) I could get 3 nice and 3 usable amps, fuzz+booster, easy-to-use looper and the Rig Player for future enhancement.

Now I have to make a deal with my annoying inner voice ... "STOP! You already have everything you need for playing at home! Why do you want to purchase another amp sim?"

Edited by filo