Pro Channel vs Effects Bin

John Vere

6 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

Sort of, but then you need to create an FX Chain, and involves a couple extra steps for editing, because you need to open up effects from within the chain instead of just clicking on the effect in the rack. I was thinking of something that literally just sent PC audio directly to the effects rack input, then brought audio from the effects rack output back into the PC. 

for tracks, i always just use the PC FX chain for non PC effects and leave the effects rack turned off. sometimes on busses i'll use the effects racks but i'm gradually moving away from that and just using the PC rack. it might have been a leftover from the days where people suggested not using a master buss because the recording comes out cleaner (something about the summing process not being perfect) when all tracks are exported "equally" to the output file or IO. 

47 minutes ago, Craig Anderton said:

Sort of, but then you need to create an FX Chain, and involves a couple extra steps for editing, because you need to open up effects from within the chain instead of just clicking on the effect in the rack. I was thinking of something that literally just sent PC audio directly to the effects rack input, then brought audio from the effects rack output back into the PC. 

i always considered the fx chain module to be llke the fx bin but within the pc signal flow - and you can open the effect by just clicking on it in the fx chain module - -are you thinking more about a generic send module?

Don't forget that by using Pro Channel effects you have the chance that per every Pro Channel module you can use presets for many kinds of instruments.

For example in  compression module you can choose algorytms for kick, snare and so on. Basses and guitars and voices,  piano and keyboards.

Edited by lapasoa
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gswitz said:

The PC has the overage light which checks between every effect to see if the signal is at a clipping stage. This doesn't guarantee clipping is occurring but it's a nice warning indicator. You don't get the same in the FX Bin.

^^^^^