Synthmaster 2.9 sale

Alan Tubbs

1 hour ago, Alan Tubbs said:

Synthmaster 2.9 is on sale for $29.  No doubt  version 3. 0 Is coming soon.  But a cool deal.

As I recall the upgrade to 3.0 will only cost something like $30-35. Not a bad deal!

Or upgrade free for "Everything Bundle" owners. :)

SM 2.9 is actually a good ways beyond "nice and cheap" regarding sound quality. I think its sound quality is as good or better than many other virtual synths on the market.

And I have U-he Repro and Arturia Pigments in my collection as I'm making sound quality comparisons. Both of those are at the top of the game in quality and features. The former is a meticulously circuit modeled reproduction of a classic analog hardware synth. While the the latter is a modern beast of a virtual synth that is not trying to emulate or model anything, unlike the mainstream Arturia modeling collection.

SM doesn't attempt to model any specific synth hardware, but the current version has back-ported the newer zero delay feedback filters designed for the SM One synth. It's like a chameleon in its capability for emulating many types of synths, and does a very convincing analog emulation, especially with preset expansion banks designed by Big Tone and Nori Ubukata.

Where SM may be perceived to fall a bit short against the "big boys" is in the GUI and workflow, as user experience is now key for those spending the big bucks.

Almost any virtual synth sounds good these days, so we'll have to see what KV331 Audio cooks up for SM 3.0 re-design. :)

Edited by abacab