Content Forum

Michael Vogel

Nice to see that there’s finally a place for sharing Content created for Cakewalk. 
That type of provision was reasonably well supported by Sonar users in the old forum, but lacked any real support from the company as any shared files were stored personally by those moderating that particular forum. 

Perhaps now that it’s a Bandlab promoted space (I think) users can get the full benefit of company support for maintaining it. 

I hope it goes well. 

Edited by Michael Vogel
Punctuation only
  • Like 1

I think his point was this forum does host our files and doesn't rely on us to do it. Therefor the contributions would be managed better here and not dependent on our 3rd party file hosting sites that could go away or links changed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, craigb said:

Maybe someone got this forum confused with the one that's discontented? 🤔

I had kinda major surgery yesterday and I'm on copious amounts of Hydrocodone. Everything I say for the next 2 weeks are suspect. Not that they weren't before. 😁 I have become, uncomfortably numb.

7 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I had kinda major surgery yesterday and I'm on copious amounts of Hydrocodone. Everything I say for the next 2 weeks are suspect. Not that they weren't before. 😁 I have become, uncomfortably numb.

Get well soon. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

2 hours ago, John said:

Get well soon. 

yeahthat.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 6:49 AM, John said:

The Hosts had no personal control over what was uploaded or where it was stored. I'm not sure where you got the idea we had such control. Any host could moderate any forum.

I was the Host who oversaw that particular part of the forum. Gibson wouldn’t give us any space for storing any content. 
Initially, after Karen setup up the threads I was provided Host status  over that area only. I had no Host privileges or access to other parts of the forum, only the first 2 threads. 

Any contributions that were made in the form of files like skins, programs eg. scooks many contributions of Sonar utilities and many file contributions from others were all stored on my personal OneDrive account. 
I provided links (to my OneDrive Acct) for the files that were embedded in those threads so people could freely access them. When I decided to stop providing the oversight required another member (Elfinn) volunteered to take over and all the files were moved to his BOX account. I tried unsuccessfully on many occasions to engage higher ups regarding the development of this part of the site as several others saw potential in what had begun, sadly I didn’t even get to have meaningful with anyone in authority. My status as a Host was so constrained, I did’t even have the means to engage in online meetings with the other Hosts
It remained that way until the old forum was archived. 
You can still go to the old forum and you’ll see that in the Studio/Software forum the first thread, Sonar and Cakewalk by Bandlab Resources and Utilities then a further thread where Submissions could be made. 
The main thread was permanently locked so that only Elfinn and or myself could update li is etc. The second thread was a place where a forum member could submit a program, link or other file fir evaluation and possible inclusion in the main thread.  

Edited by Michael Vogel
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, paulo said:

Thank you for sharing the contents of your folder.

Not everyone would have done that.

It wasn’t really “my” folder as I saw it. 

With many decades of association with Cakewalk, Sonar and the forum I came to realise, as did many others, that there were valuable resources referenced in the various threads. Much of those resources were utilities and other content files that could benefit more users if only there was a single place where they could be accessed.
So while it was my OneDrive space where the files were all stored at the beginning,  the data actually belonged to the various contributors who made it available to share. 
I simply set up a library of sorts.
While I had a vision that it could be much much more, unfortunately I was never in a position to have direct dialogue with any decision makers. Simply stated, not a single one of my requests to engage in dialogue was ever answered. 

@Michael Vogel, just so you know, I, anyone is not laughing at you, there is kind of a double entendre type deal going on (at least in my head) with

Thank you for sharing the contents of your folder.

Not everyone would have done that.

that you may or may not be aware of or remember, if you are aware, carry on, if not, well I thought I should let you know.

Edited by Fret Flintstone

3 hours ago, Michael Vogel said:

While I had a vision that it could be much much more, unfortunately I was never in a position to have direct dialogue with any decision makers. Simply stated, not a single one of my requests to engage in dialogue was ever answered. 

A great shame that they didn't recognise this and then went on to make the same mistake all over again.

Not sure what those other guys are laughing at. I think they must be somehow misreading what I said in a way that makes it funny to their twisted minds.

😉