How to quickly compare ref_track with original?

imstre

Hi, 

is there a normal way? I can't find convenience

for example in Cubase if 2 tracks are mute and  click solo it plays and is fine - normal
in Cakewalk no normal! 
is a normal way to compare two mixes???!!! fast, without 100 combined clicks solo and mute
  Thanks

There are plug-ins that can do that.  I think T-RackS has one that can be used for this (Master Match), but there are definitely others.

Can't Ozone do this, as well (may need Advanced SKU, I am unsure of that - off the cuff).

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

There are plug-ins that can do that.  I think T-RackS has one that can be used for this (Master Match), but there are definitely others.

Can't Ozone do this, as well (may need Advanced SKU, I am unsure of that - off the cuff).

Not so understood,
I need a refer track to align quickly with the sound of my track witch solo and mute cnob
if the track is muted and pressed solo - no sound and so is the other daw
so very awkward and need a lot of time pressing it solo it's muted, thanks Maestro ;)

there are so many different ways this could be done but here is one.

If all the tracks are routed to one bus and the reference to another bus you can just toggle between the two busses to save muting lots of individual tracks.

There are other ways using folders or groups

I am assuming that your reference track is imported into the project and only one track... that is the best way to compare to a reference track... then use the Exclusive Solo on the reference track only... when you click the reference track, you only hear that track, when unchecked, you hear the rest of the mix you are working on.

Alternatively, if you have issues with other routing, you can mix down your current work to a new track, then go back and forth using exclusive solo on that mix down track and the reference track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not sure exactly what all you might be comparing but - Melda mcompare might also come in handy. You should look at it. It has gain match built in.  You can compare different mixes you have done. I usually load reference tracks and compare to my tracks. It helps to clear your Eq perceptions of your tracks. 

There are several plug-ins like this one. I think melda is top of the heap on this one. 

Master the mix has - Reference

Plugin Alliance. - ADPTR A/B

Ozone 

and others

Edited by Max Arwood

13 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I’m not sure exactly what all you might be comparing but - Melda mcompare might also come in handy. You should look at it. It has gain match built in.  You can compare different mixes you have done. I usually load reference tracks and compare to my tracks. It helps to clear your Eq perceptions of your tracks. 

Thank Max Arwood very much,
I will try Mcompare
I have a HOFA 4U + BlindTest

Thanks