APD Offer: 70% Off SynthMaster 2.9 (VST/AU/AAX) by KV331 Audio

Audio Plugin Deals

For just $29.90 (instead of $99), get SynthMaster 2.9 by KV331 Audio!

SynthMaster is an ‘all-around’ semi-modular vst/au/aax software synthesizer that features many different synthesis methods including VA, Additive, Wavetable, Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, Pulse Width Modulation, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation, Physical Modeling and SFZ Sample Playback synthesis.

SynthMaster is a ‘must-have’ for all synthesizer enthusiasts. MusicRadar readers have already confirmed this by voting it the ‘Best VST/AU Synth’ of 2019.

Originally $99, this must-have synth is now available for just $29.90 for a limited time only, don’t miss out!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals/synthmaster-2-9-by-kv331-audio/
Deal ends on March 30th, 2021 at midnight eastern time

KEY FEATURES

• Powerful Arpeggiator: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster features classic arpeggiator modes such as Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, UpDown2, DownUp2, AsPlayed as well as Sequence, Chord and Arpeggiate modes. Each of the 32 steps of the arpeggiator has its own Velocity, Note Number, Note Length, Slide and Hold parameters.
  • Easy Parameters: SynthMaster features 8 easy knobs and 2 XY pads that can be freely assigned as modulation sources, so that the complexity of the synth engine could be hidden away and only most important parameters of a preset can be controlled by the user. The easy parameters can be globally linked to MIDI controllers, and they can be assigned automatically by SynthMaster as well.
  • Microtuning: SynthMaster supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file.
  • Preset Browser: SynthMaster features a comprehensive preset browser with separate search criterias for instrument type, preset attributes, music style or preset author.
  • Online Presets: Registered users can upload their presets to the online preset library, or browse and download presets created by other registered users; using the preset browser right inside the plug-in window.
  • Multiple Skins: SynthMaster comes with 3 different skins in different color variations. Using the included user interface editor, users can not only customize the existing skins but also can create their own custom interfaces as well.
  • Importing MIDI patterns as Arpeggiator Sequence: Monophonic or even polyphonic (chord) MIDI patterns can be imported into the arpeggiators in SynthMaster by just drag and drop of the MIDI file onto the arpeggiator view on the plugin window.
  • Importing WAV/AIFF Multisamples as SFZ definitions: Multisamples in WAV/AIFF formats could be imported into SynthMaster as SFZ definitions, by simply drag and drop of the WAV/AIFF files onto the oscillator waveform view on the plugin window.

SOUNDCLOUD DEMOS

VIDEOS

• Thanks 1

If there ever was a no-brainer, then at this price, this is it!

SM 2.9 is one of the most across the board useful synths out there, that can be used for nearly anything. I am amazed at the scope of the expansions (I have them all in the "everything bundle") that display it's brilliant capabilities, thanks to a group of very talented sound designers.

It's not a sampler, but you can import your own samples or wavetables into the oscillators to create your own sounds.

Can't wait to see what SM 3.0 will bring! Beyond the needed GUI and workflow improvements, the dev has previously announced plans for more layers, granular synthesis, and an on-board wavetable editor. Plus it will load presets from SynthMaster One as a new layer. So you will have access to all previous SynthMaster presets in 3.0. :)

On 3/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, balinas said:

I wonder if version 3 is coming out soon. 

From what I have seen v3 has been coming out soon for a few years now, so I guess like the proverbial stopped clock eventually it will be right.

I want to like SM and do use it occasionally, but more often than not I get bored of it quite quickly and move on to something else and to try and not be so predictable I will deliberately avoid Omnisphere before eventually getting bored of whatever I chose instead of Omnisphere and then.......well you know........

Edited by paulo

How does SM compare with Vital?

Also, I haven't seen any demo of the SM arpeggiator in chord / sequence mode.  Can you trigger that with a single key?  What if you trigger it with multiple keys? Does it transpose chromatically or diatonically?  Inquiring minds...

EDIT:  I checked my copy of SM Play and found that there were patches in the SEQ category, with the word Poly in the name.  You can indeed trigger poly sequences with one key and they can be transposed chromatically.

Edited by pbognar
answered my own question

Thanks for posting this deal and also to those who shared their positive experiences. I gave the free player demo a try and decided  for my purposes this offer was indeed a deal.  Since then I have been playing with it and find it is awesome for how it could fit in with my musical goals. In my admittedly limited experience with it so far, it has a lot to offer (control and programmability on a number of levels, an abundance of well-designed presets, etc.), is very flexible, sounds great, and is quite efficient (low CPU usage).  

Edited by User 905133
to add a missing word

On 3/17/2021 at 11:53 AM, pbognar said:

How does SM compare with Vital?

SM 2.9.9 has animated the envelopes, wavetable, modulated knobs, etc, so you can see them in action now. That is a strong point with Vital. I have both of them.

If you try out SM, make sure to use one of the new sT (satYatunes) skins. I prefer the Tranquil Blue XT skin, but it's also available in Dark and White, with scales from 100% - 200%. The older factory skins are still available for compatibility, but are no longer maintained in the latest versions, and may have some glitches that will never be fixed. The reason for this  per the dev is that some GUI programming changes were needed to keep up with the latest Mac OS compatibility, so no going back. Use the newer skins!

• Like 1

Once you have Synthmaster, you probably want to add some expansions, starting with this free one

https://vstbuzz.com/freebies/synthmaster-2-8-soundset/

And then the ones at the synthmaster site. They have sales a couple of times a year so it's probably worth waiting a little until the next one

https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmasterexpansions.aspx

In particular I'd recommend checking out the expansions by Nori Ubukata and Rob Lee

• Thanks 1

SynthMaster 2.8 was released in May 2016. Almost 5 years ago.

One of the new features from that change log:

"4 new filter categories: Ladder, Diode Ladder, Bite and State Variable filters all based on "zero delay feedback" (ZDF) topology."

The SM 2 factory presets, and most of the expansions, do not make use of the new filters because they were designed before SM 2.8. They were designed using either the 'Digital' or 'VAnalog' filters, the only filter options up to that point. Which aren't bad. But the new filters are much better! These new filters are the same filters as the ones used in the little brother SynthMaster One, and are much better at emulating virtual analog.

• Ladder Filter is modeled on the famous Moog ladder filter.
  • Diode Ladder Filter is modeled on the well-known analogue filter circuit of the Roland TB-303.
  • State Variable Filter is modeled on the analogue state variable filter found in the Oberheim SEM.
  • Bite Filter is modeled on the legendary Korg MS20 synth.

To hear the new filters, you need to add them yourself to an existing SM 2 preset, or make your own preset. Or optionally, there have been a few SM 2 expansions released since SM 2.8 that do incorporate the newly designed filters. To my knowledge these are only found in: Big Tone's 'Analog Basics', 'Analog Basics 02', 'Tableworks 01', and 'Tableworks 02'.

Check them out!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guitar Center is offering the SynthMaster 2.8 + SynthMaster One Bundle for $49+tax.  Is this a better (more useful) deal than getting SynthMaster 2.9 for $29?  I have read that SynthMaster 3.0 will be offered as a $29 upgrade for current owners.  The names... the versions... the pricing... is anyone else as confused as I am? 

I'm pretty sure I want  to get some form of SynthMaster, but I'm having a hard time deciding.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:04 PM, P C said:

Guitar Center is offering the SynthMaster 2.8 + SynthMaster One Bundle for $49+tax.  Is this a better (more useful) deal than getting SynthMaster 2.9 for $29?  I have read that SynthMaster 3.0 will be offered as a $29 upgrade for current owners.  The names... the versions... the pricing... is anyone else as confused as I am? 

I'm pretty sure I want  to get some form of SynthMaster, but I'm having a hard time deciding.

The names and versions explained: SM 2 was the first synth from KV331 Audio and has been around for years, and should soon be upgraded to SM 3.0. SM One was a newer proof of concept spin-off for a simpler one layer synth and some new tech. It was also successfully expanded to the mobile iOS platform as a separate app purchase. SynthMaster One iOS is KV331 Audio's first full blown synth app for the iPad.

So regarding the bundle, it's entirely up to you to consider if you will really use SynthMaster One. Not a good deal if you just want SynthMaster 2.9 and can get that for $29. That's the lowest price I've ever seen that one go for. Reminder: The $29 deal ends on March 30th, 2021 at midnight eastern time

Simply get 2.9 and save the extra money for the upgrade to 3.0.

I have SM One, and it's a pretty good synth on it's own, with a good factory library of 1200+ presets (not SM 2 compatible) so if you're not sure just try the demo.  Download here: https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmasterone.aspx

SM 3.0 will get the new tech from SM One, and will be able to load presets from SM One, and other new features. So if you have SM One, you will have access to those SM One factory presets using SM 3.0 (not the same ones as the SM 2 factory library of 1800+ presets).

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 3/27/2021 at 6:04 PM, P C said:

In theory SynthMaster 3.0 is supposed to include the functionality of SynthMasterOne, so the $29 deal may have been better over the long run.  However, that seems to have expired.  Also, there's no telling when SynthMaster 3.0 will come out (soon sometimes takes years in this industry).  And it could be that you like SynthMaster One better than however it gets integrated into SynthMaster 3.0.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Well this deal was posted 2 weeks ago. For $29 there was no point sitting on the fence waiting for a better deal! 😉

There was the GC deal for $10 like 4 years ago, but I think that was a fluke and I haven't seen it lower than $29 since then.