New CHERRY AUDIO retro keyboard called "EIGHT VOICE" ( repro of Oberheim Eight Voice ) $29

aidan o driscoll

https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/eight-voice

Taming A Classic Beast

Our most ambitious instrument to date, Cherry Audio’s Eight Voice polyphonic synthesizer meticulously emulates the immense sound of the Oberheim Eight Voice, one of the world’s rarest and most desirable vintage instruments. 

ITS $29 bucks .... go get it :D

While you are there have a look at the POLYMODE Synth, MG1+, CA2600, DCO106 .. all around the same price, All CLASSIC retro synths

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

Just astounded! Thanks. I downloaded it, installed and browsed a few presets and immediately came here to post the deal. Of course, others were faster! 😉

I browsed the available options and were very pleased. I made my living for many years with one of the hardware beats back in the 80's and this seems to have all plus extras!...and you don't have to leave it on overnight for the oscillators to settle!

Thanks! First impression is great job. Sounds wonderful has the thngs expected. Great job!

BTW. I do still own a stripped down 2 voice version with keyboard currently disconnected in road case and deep storage... 😉 (originally a 4voice but that's a story for another time and when the keyboard got disconnected0

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Need to check later if there is a discount if you own the other synths.

I also wonder if it will be available for Voltage Modular.  There are advantages in both formats, its a shame you have to buy both but given the low prices one can't complain too much.

@Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann posted link above .. at everyplugin .. price down to $24

Edited by aidan o driscoll

58 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann posted link above .. at everyplugin .. price down to $24

It may go lower if you complete a bundle, but its a moot point for me as I have just found I don't have all the synths as VSTis .  I will probably buy the Voltage Modular version as it give a lot more flexibility. Currently $29 at Cherry for the Poly/Mono version bundle.

I have been getting into Voltage Modular lately, the latest addition being the Octagon sequencer which is very nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

It may go lower if you complete a bundle, but its a moot point for me as I have just found I don't have all the synths as VSTis .  I will probably buy the Voltage Modular version as it give a lot more flexibility. Currently $29 at Cherry for the Poly/Mono version bundle.

I checked that out as well...
The module version is missing the appegiator /summer module - ie the synth version is made of 3 types of Oberheim type modules while the module version has 2.
Possible CherryAudio may give a further discount on the the synth version if you purchase the module(s)...

Edited by TheSteven

47 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

The module version is missing the appegiator /summer module - ie the synth version is made of 3 types of Oberheim type modules while the module version has 2.
Possible CherryAudio may give a further discount on the the synth version if you purchase the module(s)...

It would be cool if Cherry would bundle the two. I already have Voltage Modular, and was wondering which Oberheim to get? The module, or standalone?

22 minutes ago, abacab said:

It would be cool if Cherry would bundle the two. I already have Voltage Modular, and was wondering which Oberheim to get? The module, or standalone?

The standalone version comes with a crap-ton of presets if that makes difference.
The modules  30ish...

25 minutes ago, abacab said:

It is the same with all the other modular synth voices .

Buy the standalones if preset convenience is important.

Of course, the host module in VM (not part of the free version) can load the standalone VST although not as flexible as the SEM

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Still leaning to the modular version, I have several sequencers and an arpeggiator there so I don't think I would miss them much versus the extensive modulation and processing capabilities that would be added.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Still leaning to the modular version, I have several sequencers and an arpeggiator there so I don't think I would miss them much versus the extensive modulation and processing capabilities that would be added.

Plus, with the SEM modules one could always build a monster 16 voice modular ... why stop at 8?

• Great Idea 1

While there may not be tons of presets in the modular version, it looks like there are some good ones and ones that act as a good example of how to use some on the switching and boolean modules.

The Ambiant Strings preset in Modular is gorgeous, combining the poly version of the SEM Expander with Cherry's Poly Stereo Spread module, two incidences of a Cherry's digital delay and a digital reverb.  I think it will become my favorite synth strings preset.

7 hours ago, scook said:

SEM was added at the same price as the 8 voice standalone

No extra discounts from Cherry Audio AFAIK

I was under the impression that if we purchased (from the Cherry Audio Store) either the Eight Voice Instrument or the Voltage Modular version and then purchased the other of the two, there was a 20% discount on the second one. However, if you purchase them at the same time, there was no discount. 

Of course, that might have changed by now.   

This genius was trying to buy the vst/au version, clicked on link and totally missed I bought the modular version instead.

I guess I now have both to play with hahah

Read the email carefully and click on correct link you actually intend to purchase :)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I was under the impression that if we purchased (from the Cherry Audio Store) either the Eight Voice Instrument or the Voltage Modular version and then purchased the other of the two, there was a 20% discount on the second one. However, if you purchase them at the same time, there was no discount. 

Of course, that might have changed by now.   

As someone that bought these twice, I paid $29 for modular and the $23 for vst/au so second one was discounted...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

As someone that bought these twice, I paid $29 for modular and the $23 for vst/au so second one was discounted...

Too bad the synth version doesn't show you the cabling.
I would buy it just to learn the the routing.

I wonder if at some point they're going to offer the Oberheim flavored appregiator module for sale.