Steven Slate drums not working on new installation?

xtenkfarpl

Hi all, I recently updated my system from Win 7 to Win 10.   Backed up all user data first of course, then uninstalled everything before the update.  Reinstalled Cakewalk afterwards, and it seems to be mostly working just fine.   However, I then tried to install the free Steven Slate drum stuff (which had worked fine on the previous setup).  Installation seemed to go without any obvious problems.  But when I try to add it as a soft synth, things don't work properly.  It shows up as an available soft synth, and the clickable drum window appears: but when you click on the drums there, no sound is heard?  The click drum beater moves, so something is being received...?

I have checked obvious things like making sure the audio output seems to be selected correctly, and that my audio interface is working properly.  Other drum VSTs such as MTPower Drum kit appear to work just fine, by the way.

Anyone else seen this or have any tips for troubleshooting?  Is it possible that I need to put some of the Slate library files in a different folder than the installer's default?  I really can't remember the details from when I set it up long ago on the previous setup....?     Thanks!

Solved, with assistance from a Steven Slate support guy.  Kudos to that, by the way, since this is the free product.

It turns out that to actually load the sample data for a given kit, you need to double-click on the name of the kit!

Not at all intuitively obvious, and this doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the documentation.  Hope this may help anyone else encountering the issue.