How to delete a part of a track?

Milena

Hi guys! I know this is a basic question bt nevertheless I have problem with that. 

I imported a MIDI track into Cakewalk and I want to delete the underlined part of a track without deleting the whole track. How can I do it?

Below you can see a Printscreen that ilustrates my situation.

I would be grateful for your advice :)

PrintScreen Cakewalk.png

If you want to delete a part of the track but you wish to regain the space deleted, you must use Ripple Edit. Click the blue button of Ripple Edit, select all tracks, select the part of the track you want to delete and click delete button.

• Like 1

1061575221_splitclips.thumb.gif.de9b66e037cfff57a8f0405402ff4e06.gifWhen faced with that I simply place the cursor at the 7th Measure Ctrl A to select all,  Choose Split,  in my case left of split will highlight,  and hit delete. Now Ctrl A again and drag the data to measure 1 . Note never start any data at point 0. Always leave at least one measure before any data. 

Edited by John Vere

21 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Welcome to the forum.
Hit the Delete button on your computer keyboard.
That should remove your selected clip, which looks like measure 4.1 to measure 7.
Does that not work?

Thank you for you welcoming me :)

Hitting Delete does not work :(

19 hours ago, Johnny Tsao said:

You can try to use the Ripple Edit function, select the range or measure, and then press the Delete key

You can also refer to this video made by Robert McClellan for a detailed introduction, hope it will be helpful to you

Thank you, it did it's job! A part of track deleted! :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...