freezing without losing sound quality?

Pascal Auger

I was unaware that you were loosing quality when bouncing. I guess I never used it anyway. Modern computers seem to eliminate the need to have to do this now.
But what I can think would work is to export the track and bring it back as an audio clip using the browser. 
or use Auxiliary sends and record in real time to a new track. 
actually there’s a lot of ways I can think of but all will result in the same thing   

i wanna freeze Superior Drummer 3 Vsti. so it doesn't work.

bouncing works with Audiosnap, if i use Radius or Elastique, it lose some audio quality, but "Same as Online" is the only one who keep the same exact sound.
but freeze encode with what? is there a way to have like "Same as Online" bounce?

Edited by Pascal Auger

scook sorry but if i audiosnap, and i want to bounce that track, i can use radius or elastique or same as online into audiosnap options.  the sound will change both of those 3. so yes it's reliated.
but freeze, i think we cannot do this.  and i just read, freeze is like bounce but cant use audiosnap to control the encoder.

Edited by Pascal Auger

5 minutes ago, Pascal Auger said:

scook sorry but if i audiosnap, and i want to bounce that track, i can use radius or elastique or same as online into audiosnap options.  the sound will change both of those 3. so yes it's reliated.
but freeze, i think we cannot do this.  and i just read, freeze is like bounce, but i think it cant use audiosnap to control the encoder.

Why is audiosnap involved?

The audio rendered from SD3 comes from MIDI and should not need to be processed through audiosnap.

AudioSnap is primarily designed for recorded audio.

Timing issues in SD3 may be fixed in MIDI.

Freeze and bounce by themselves do not use audiosnap.

AudioSnap is designed to change the length of audio. This is why it must be rendered using one of the stretching algorithms. It is not possible to play AudioSnap processed clips or render the clips without using an algorithm to handle the stretch.

i just read this: 
"Offline rendering in an AudioSnap context usually means bouncing to track, but it also refers to other offline processes such as freezing tracks and applying effects. When you do any of these mixdown operations such as bouncing, exporting, or freezing, audio clips use the offline rendering algorithm you have chosen for them."

means freeze option use Audiosnap offline rendering? so i could maybe use Same as Online? would be cool.

You may use any of the algorithms provided to render AudioSnap clips.

The offline algorithms tend to be better quality but there is a setting to use the online setting.

Here is the preference page covering  stretch options options http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=0x22B19

There is a little information about each algorithm there.