HELP how to do Multitrack recording with Alesis Multimix 4?

GDog 07

I have an Alesis Multimix 4 USB FX with 4 channels 2 stereo and 2 mono (L/R). I am trying to record 2 different mics at the same time and use a separate track for each but when selecting the input Cakewalk only recognizes 1 channel. I tried using ASIO4ALL but it didn't change anything. I looked everywhere and havent found a solution please help

image.png

Edited by GDog 07

It says it can do this on the web site I suggest that you look there or in your manual for how to set this up.
I  am assuming it didn’t come with a ASIO. Driver.  
if so you will have to use WASAPI  Mode   That should show all available inputs   If if doesn’t then do your self a favour and buy a real interface. 
or don’t use the USB.  Go to the tutorials sub forum here and watch my video on using on board audio.

but otherwise I think all you need to do is pan each channel left and right and choose the corresponding input for each track 

Edited by John Vere

Do not have the device but just read a few pages about it here https://www.alesis.com/products/view/multimix-4-usb-fx

Often Alesis gear did not have factory ASIO drivers.

The Alesis Multimix 4 is a mixer with a USB port.

Like most mixers, the computer connection is 2 channel. From the features section:

16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz signal stereo in / stereo out via USB for easy recording and playback

The image in the OP shows what one would expect from a stereo interface

Left 1 = channel 1 from the interface

Right 1 = channel 2 from the interface

Stereo =  both channels 1&2 from the interface