I Love You More . Twanger Central Challenge Week 188

kennywtelejazz

Hi Guys ,

I have had a number of health challenges on my plate this year .Unfortunately my guitar playing   and music has had to  take a back seat .

I have been slowly working my way back into playing my guitar as a creative outlet for my own personal enjoyment  .

Earlier tonight I decided to play and record a lead part over a Southern Rock style  Backing  Track  . I am happy to be using my guitar amp a 1983 Fender Super Champ recorded direct VIA a direct box into my 2i4 .

All my guitar playing was all done in one take as I winged it and played along with the BT , .

I Love You More .

I hope some one enjoys the guitar playing

Kenny

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 5:32 AM, daryl1968 said:

Hi Kenny

Sorry to hear that you've been sick mate but it's great to hear you back playing. 

Lovely tone and licks as ever mate. 

All the best to you and yours. 

Hi Daryl ,

Since being sick sucks  music is a big part of getting well for me . , at least now I know what I have to do to get well .

Thank you for listening and your  uplifting  favorable comment.

23 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Dude your tasty licks and bends are top shelf. Hopefully better health is on the way.

cheers,

-Tom

Hello Tom ,

For me playing what I did there was just an after thought on hey lets play something and hear how it comes out .

I'm glad you enjoyed my guitar playing . It means a lot .

21 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Good to hear you can get back to the guitar again Kenny, nice playing and tone, nicely captured too. :)

Hey Wookiee ,

Say , Thanks for the comment you left over at S C .

Yes it has taken the better part of a year for me to get back into playing . While I'm still here , I'm gonna do my best to enjoy my forum friends , pooch and music .

Also , Thank you  for the kind words of encouragement in this thread and the various PM 's we had  while I was getting bombarded w physical changes. 

You are a genuine class act my friend .

14 hours ago, amiller said:

I’m not a big country fan but I really enjoyed this...thanks for posting.

This is gonna sound crazy ,  I have never bought a country record in my life except for a Danny Gatton record once in the early 80's ..

Yet, out of every genre of music I have ever played , Country Music paid me the best and put food on my table when all the other musical genres and  projects I was involved with over the years didn't.

Whacky Huh ?

While I was playing the guitar to the B T  , I was pretending that I was playing my guitar to people that wanted to hear my playing ...

I'm glad you enjoyed this ,

14 hours ago, edd987 said:

Nice playing! Lead sounds really good and fits the song well.  

Thank you edd987 , 

I am very happy  you enjoyed my guitar playing and tones I used  .

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Hey Kenny, your playing sounds great!  Sorry to hear about your health issues and I hope they're not too debilitating.   Your song would sound great with a vocal line IMHO, but it's your tune to do with as you wish.  It works great as is.  Take care and keep healing!

🙂John B.

I hope that you are feeling better and that recovery is speedy.  From the sound of your playing you have already recovered.  It hard to believe that you did this in one take.  I too like your tone but I really like the phrasing in your playing.  I know that music is great therapy  -- so please grace us with more posts like this one and be well

On 4/2/2019 at 8:07 AM, Johnbee58 said:

Hey Kenny, your playing sounds great!  Sorry to hear about your health issues and I hope they're not too debilitating.   Your song would sound great with a vocal line IMHO, but it's your tune to do with as you wish.  It works great as is.  Take care and keep healing!

🙂John B.

Hi John B.

Yes I am working through my health challenges . Sure hope for now that I have gotten through the hardest part .

It's not really my tune , somebody at another forum I am a member of posted it as a good one to play over . About 10 of us laid down our version of a lead guitar track ..all in good fun ....not competitively ....what you hear here is mine . I do agree with you on the vocal line or singing ..

thanks for giving this one a listen

On 4/2/2019 at 8:10 AM, Lynn said:

It's good to hear you playing again, Kenny.  You make that Fender amp shine with your smooth playing style.  Keep recording and recovering because we need veterans like you to showcase CW.  

Hi Lynn,

I lost about a year due to bad health and a broken arm ,It sure does feel good to be playing the guitar again .   ...whoopppee....

That Super Champ of mine is one amp I love ....I'm glad I was able to figure out a way to use it in an apt living setting ....

As a Cakewalk Veteran my advice to people is to listen to what I say and then do the complete opposite . 

If you can follow that simple rule everything will turn out right for you ...LOL

thank you for the song listen . I appreciate that you did .

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Hey, Kenny,

It's really great to hear you're feeling better and cranking out some super tasty guitar playing again!👍

Is that your new Tele?  The crystal clear clean tone of that Fender Super Champ is pure dynamite!  You can really feel the depth of the expression in your playing in every note.

Killer stuff, Kenny, keep 'em coming, buddy!😀

Have a great weekend!
Bob

On 4/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, bjornpdx said:

Kenny
I'm super impressed that you improvised this and all of it in one take.  Hope that making music lifts you out of any health related funks that may crop up. Take care.

Hi Bjorn ,

By the time I recorded my lead guitar on this tune I had been in top shape playing wise ...the rust from being sick was gone and I was looking to express myself  and have a little fun .

Everything I do on the guitar practice wise is with the one goal of being able to free me up to play my guitar and express myself as free as a bird floating above the clouds with out a care in the world ...(  as we all know my real life is the complete opposite ) 

thanks for the kind words

On 4/2/2019 at 11:58 AM, freddy j said:

I hope that you are feeling better and that recovery is speedy.  From the sound of your playing you have already recovered.  It hard to believe that you did this in one take.  I too like your tone but I really like the phrasing in your playing.  I know that music is great therapy  -- so please grace us with more posts like this one and be well

Hi Freddy ,

Thank you for the Very Kind and encouraging words you said .

The general stuff I practice on my guitar are how to play over chord changes , scales , and melodic  patterns . Plus I  spend lots of time playing over loops of music I'm transcribing including some tunes / sections / loops of great players , and some maintenance loops of my own creation .

All the things I have just mentioned are playing tools that I use for feeling comfortable as to be able to play over any musical situation I may find myself in .

The transcribing helps w ear training and learning new melodic concepts of how other players play . The loops that I create are so I can play inside outside over the chord changes ..

I feel it is important to have way more playing chops on tap than I may need . The reason for that is if I have to struggle to just get through the song structure then I'm just to busy fighting what I am trying to do in the first place ...

A lot of people think I'm about licks ..I'm not , I'm more about trying to play what I would like to hear played on the guitar .

When I have lots of extra chops on tap I can turn off my judgmental mind .Then I can play and listen to everything I'm playing at the same time in real time as it happens .

Usually when in the zone the listening part is what helps me the most because I can have fun and improvise my lead playing in the moment and play what it is I would have liked to heard in the first place .

I hope to put more playing out there in the near future ..

thanks once again

4 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Kenny,

It's really great to hear you're feeling better and cranking out some super tasty guitar playing again!👍

Is that your new Tele?  The crystal clear clean tone of that Fender Super Champ is pure dynamite!  You can really feel the depth of the expression in your playing in every note.

Killer stuff, Kenny, keep 'em coming, buddy!😀

Have a great weekend!
Bob

Hi Bob ,

Nice to see you here at the new forum .

Yes I'm feeling better and I hope to do more music .

Oh BTW , here is a picture of the guitar and amp I played on this tune ...

Yes , That Super Champ is dynamite . I own a few nice amps but this amp has been w me since 1984 and it is my sound .

The guitar I played on this song is an Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Special 1 w 2 humbuckers . I also have one w 2 P 90's  that I love

I have lots of more expensive and better made guitars that I could have played . the thing is  this little Axe does have the Mojo I was looking to hear in this song  .

TXfdLLc.jpg

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson