should i freeze Superior Drummer to work on audio? because without frozen, sounds are not always the same!

Pascal Auger

I personally like to Bounce to Track each part to it’s own track for mixing flexibility and to have the audio committed. Then I save the patch I’ve customized to an Instrument Presets folder within the project folder.  (for safety...I still get the occasional default patch upon reconnecting or thawing.) 

Then, disconnect the synth.  
You can set up multi outs and freeze em all in one push of the button, but I like to just highlight the midi and synth, then solo what I want to bounce in the mixer section of Superior drummer 3.  I pre-make the destination tracks via inserting a ready made Track template for the separate drum tracks.

This way I can always re-bounce just a snare or kick or what have you, without having to unfreeze and refreeze all of them.

Edited by Blogospherianman

New to Superior Drummer and have inserted as a simple instrument track. When I hit the freeze button nothing happens. Can you not freeze a simple instrument track? I’ve recorded SD’s output to a stereo track using an aux track but would like to be able to freeze. 

Sure instrument tracks freeze fine.

Just like an audio+MIDI pair, there must be MIDI in the track to freeze.

If the MIDI clips are inside Superior Drummer 3 the track cannot be frozen because there is no data for the DAW to freeze.

Drag the clips out of SD3 into the instrument track then freeze.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, scook said:

Sure instrument track freeze fine.

Just like an audio+MIDI pair, there must be MIDI in the track to freeze.

If the MIDI clips are inside Superior Drummer 3 the track cannot be frozen because there is no data for the DAW to freeze.

Drag the clips out of SD3 into the instrument track then freeze.

Thank you!