OMG just listen to this guy!

Tezza

His name is Joseph Vincent of Phillipino descent and is based in California USA. Have never heard of him before, has anyone? Just stumbled on it while surfing, beautiful acoustic guitar playing and incredible voice. The quality of the recording is top notch so I'm guessing he recorded in a studio and then this might be a over dubbed video. Please tell me it's an overdubbed video otherwise I will never pick up my Acoustic and sing again!!!! He does a lot of Jazzy type covers that I would love to do but thought it was not possible to pull off a convincing version of those particular songs on Acoustic. He's proven it can be done and very well.

Edited by Tezza

These might be faked. Do you see any microphones anywhere? How do you get that proximity effect without being anywhere close to the microphone? Also notice the amount of cuts. You never really see much guitar playing or voice. His voice would also never be this consistent or in pitch with him moving his head around that much.

Notice that both videos follow the same editing format.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

Yes, I think it was professionally recorded and edited, you can hear some tuning correction on the voice in quick step downs and the clarity and presence of the voice is amazing, reverb is nice. Then he probably did a number of attempts at doing the video overdub. It does not detract from the quality of his voice though, the range, control, emotion, choice of alternate notes, the delivery....all great.

I am using it as a benchmark for my acoustic/vocal recordings. You don't usually hear voice and guitar alone presented with such quality.

Edited by Tezza

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just throw in that in addition to his vocal and guitar talent, and that of whom ever did the recording and production, the boy is girl candy.  Very sexy, good looking,  a bit edgy, yeah if I was younger I'd pack him up and keep him for a while.  Oops did I say that....  

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2021 at 6:51 PM, Tezza said:

Yes, I think it was professionally recorded and edited, you can hear some tuning correction on the voice in quick step downs and the clarity and presence of the voice is amazing, reverb is nice. Then he probably did a number of attempts at doing the video overdub. It does not detract from the quality of his voice though, the range, control, emotion, choice of alternate notes, the delivery....all great.

I am using it as a benchmark for my acoustic/vocal recordings. You don't usually hear voice and guitar alone presented with such quality.

I don't think he's the one singing these. Why fake what's real? If it's the guy really singing and playing, why mime a fake performance?

19 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I don't think he's the one singing these. Why fake what's real? If it's the guy really singing and playing, why mime a fake performance?

Yup--obviously faked.  Notice how in the allegedly live performance we never see the singer and the audience in the same shot.  :P 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhPWQTSsQIM

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I wouldn't describe it as "fake" though. It's him singing, he has just recorded the performance professionally and then mimed to it in the video, like every other music clip ever made in the world. The only difference is he is playing an acoustic guitar in a relaxed setting. That's just what he wanted to do to get a better sound, there's no conspiracy behind it. Still a nice cover of this song on just acoustic guitar and vocals.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

I wouldn't describe it as "fake" though. It's him singing, he has just recorded the performance professionally and then mimed to it in the video, like every other music clip ever made in the world. The only difference is he is playing an acoustic guitar in a relaxed setting. That's just what he wanted to do to get a better sound, there's no conspiracy behind it. Still a nice cover of this song on just acoustic guitar and vocals.

Why would you record something professionally and make it look like it was a home recording?