PA Weekend Warrior - Gig Performer

cclarry

JUST $69.99 TODAY!*

DESKEW-6999
Use this voucher code during checkout!
Offer ends March 14, 11:59 PM California Time

This is a fixed price offer! The price for this product will not change if

you add more plugins to your order. But you will get dynamic discounts

of 20-60% on any additional plugins you may purchase.

*Local VAT taxes may be added for purchases made in Europe,

only if applicable by EU law.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/gig_performer_3.html

• Thanks 2

I dismissed it last time it was on offer as merely being a plugin-chainer, but I demo'd it and found it to be so much more. I have been waiting for it to go on sale so I'm a very happy bunny today.

It will pretty much replace plogue bidule for me as a quick and easy way to route my hardware synth midi and audio, and to be able to more easily bring plugins into that mix.

The midi routing is really nice as can very easily map midi channels, filter event types, setup splits/layers and transpose notes.

• Like 2

I have yet to fully commit to a single guitar/bass eco-system because I keep finding amps or effects in each that I like.  So the "stand-alone" apps don't work for me because I need to buy that dev's plugins to make it useful.  I've been looking at different "plugin chainers" and have been wondering about this one.    Maybe this is the plugin to use to set up different rigs and FX?  It sure would be nice to set up an FX chain I like, then just pull it up when I want to record and reamp something.  I really like the idea of it only taking up one Insert slot too...  I need to try this out.  🤔

Edited by mibby

I went for this using a larger voucher a while back but was initially disappointed/frustrated as it would seem to latch on to the Windows driver (which is disabled) and crash when switching to my MOTU ASIO driver.  I have not been able to spend a lot of time with it nor have I reached out to customer support so take this with a grain of salt (or mustard seed).

I like PA plugs and I also have Cantabile Solo but wanted to see if I could simplify things even further for live performance using MIDI, click & backing tracks, live keys, layering, etc.  I still have hopes and do look forward to getting around to a more thorough less-than-newbie experience with it.  

• Like 1

The other thing to mention with GP is the ability to build control panels for the plugins being used - and can control external midi hardware via CCs, or using the scripting language to generate sysex.  The whole thing feels like something built from solving real-world problems - very handy stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul_in_wales said:

I dismissed it last time it was on offer as merely being a plugin-chainer, but I demo'd it and found it to be so much more. I have been waiting for it to go on sale so I'm a very happy bunny today.

It will pretty much replace plogue bidule for me as a quick and easy way to route my hardware synth midi and audio, and to be able to more easily bring plugins into that mix.

The midi routing is really nice as can very easily map midi channels, filter event types, setup splits/layers and transpose notes.

Paul if ya need a vaucher holla

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Seomeone mentioned this as a free alternative (for some of the same concepts) and I gave it a shot and think it is pretty good

https://kushview.net/element/

It's free and a nice toy for experimentation but not the tool you want to rely on for live performances or studio work.
I bought into Element (paid for a permanent license) when it was introduced because I thought it had potential - but v1.0 still lurks somewhere over the distant horizon.
Still has issues that existed from back before the developer decided to turn the project into open source.

• Thanks 1

I'm demoing this and really like the routing/FX chain setup. Only tried it in standalone mode, but will test in the daw. 

I've only scratched the surface as this seems to be quite deep. I missed the $69 deal and would've definitely got it if I had more time...not sure if I can dish out the current price of $129, but GAS is building up. 😋

On 3/13/2021 at 6:27 PM, TheSteven said:

It's free and a nice toy for experimentation but not the tool you want to rely on for live performances or studio work.
I bought into Element (paid for a permanent license) when it was introduced because I thought it had potential - but v1.0 still lurks somewhere over the distant horizon.
Still has issues that existed from back before the developer decided to turn the project into open source.

Well I'd say the same thing about most plugins, especially WAVES which is an industry standard....so....   :)

I haven't used it extensively, but the basic things I was doing with it seemed to work consistantly.  

Free is a dangerous game when using anything for paid work as there are no guaranttes or support.  

Gig Performer is terrific. I've been using it for a couple of years now. One thing to be aware of with the Plugin Alliance version is that it hasn't been and won't be updated on the same schedule as a licensed version direct from Deskew (who have never had a sale; like Subaru). I've never regretted paying full price ($149). I was SO happy to move on from Cantabile. Dual licenses (Windows and Mac) are $199 for both. Great if you work with Windows in the studio and Apple live.

https://gigperformer.com/

• Thanks 1