Nembrini Voice DC30

filo

Voice DC30 Custom Valve Guitar Amplifier plugin modeled on a vintage Vox AC30 Top Boost Reverb characterised by it's "jangly" high-end sound it has become widely recognized by British musicians and others.

Voice DC30 Custom Valve is capable of both enchanting clean and raucous overdriven sounds, the signature chime of the Voice DC30 Custom pairs Valve seamlessly the intricacies of your playing style, resulting in a sound that is truly your own.

Intro price $39

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/collections/guitar-amplifier/products/voice-dc30-guitar-amplifier

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

To my ears, this plugin doesn't surpass ReValver's version and even, somehow, doesn't feel right. Too bad, as I had high hopes when this was announced.

Yep.  To me the Revalver Vox amp has a special magic that no other ampsim has been able to capture.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Well before I jump on the Nembrini, I’ll have to try the Revalver, which is a new name on me.

The Vox AC30 holds a special place in my heart from pub gigs back in the very early 80s. Bought one secondhand for maybe 100 quid and the next day got a red letter from the bank saying they were suspending my cheque guarantee card! But that amp served me well 😂

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Soundwise said:

To my ears, this plugin doesn't surpass ReValver's version and even, somehow, doesn't feel right. Too bad, as I had high hopes when this was announced.

So I thought I'd enter into the ReValver fray.

1. Downloaded Revalver and installed it.

2. Purchased some amps and cabs (two different orders, one included RIR2)

I have yet to receive any activation codes and thus everything loads in Demo mode.

A little disappointed I must say. It's been over 12 hours since I made the purchases.

54 minutes ago, Greg said:

Revalver hasn’t been updated in years. When they changed ownership I thought we might see something, but not yet. 

It's still possible. AFAIC, they are beta testing a new version.

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

So I thought I'd enter into the ReValver fray.

1. Downloaded Revalver and installed it.

2. Purchased some amps and cabs (two different orders, one included RIR2)

I have yet to receive any activation codes and thus everything loads in Demo mode.

A little disappointed I must say. It's been over 12 hours since I made the purchases.

I don't remember the activation procedure, but it involves using any USB device as a token. My old USB drive is out of order, so I'm also not able to fully enjoy the guilty pleasure of using their heavenly Vox module. Awaiting for their response on this issue.

29 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

It's still possible. AFAIC, they are beta testing a new version.

I don't remember the activation procedure, but it involves using any USB device as a token. My old USB drive is out of order, so I'm also not able to fully enjoy the guilty pleasure of using their heavenly Vox module. Awaiting for their response on this issue.

I got that far. Registered it to my USB device, no problem. The problem is I can't yet use any purchased modules without them being in Demo mode.

I'm going to assume it's because they don't work weekends for manual activations or their activation server(s) are down.

Edited by Bapu

3 hours ago, 53mph said:

Didn't Revalver come free with previous versions of Sonar?

I'm pretty sure I've got it on my system...yep, just checked. It came with Platinum.

IIRC that was ReValver (1) SE. I think it's at version 4 now.

Hmm...there must be some additional processing on that video. There is some kind of reverb going on at the start, yet its set to zero. I don't think it's the room mic. I appreciate that that is the iOS version, but with similar settings on the VST demo, I can't get mine sounding anything like that. Maybe it's me! I have tried both a Strat and an SG.