Install Cakewalk without Bandlab Assistant?

I've tried installing twice on a brand new fully updated Windows 10 computer, and Bandlab Assistant crashes every time. Is it possible to just download what I need where I can see the physical files and install it myself?

For something as critical as downloading/installation, having a 1/4 just flashing with no other feedback is woefully inadequate. 

• 2 weeks later...

The short answer is no.  The BandLab Assistant acts as an install manager for Cakewalk by BandLab similar to how Native Access acts as an install manager for Native Instrument products, IKMultimedia has their install manager, Sonar Command Center acts as an install manager for Sonar products and so on.

After Bandlab Assistant crashes, capture the crash file (it's a DMP file), load the file to cloud storage and send a link to the file to Bandlab support.  My signature has a link to a thread about capturing crash files.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:10 AM, Resonant Serpent said:

For something as critical as downloading/installation, having a 1/4 just flashing with no other feedback is woefully inadequate.

From the "1/4" comment it appears you may be trying to install Add-ons with the Core.

Try installing just the Cakewalk Core first. 

Then try installing the Add-ons. after the Cakewalk Core is installed and activated.

5 hours ago, scook said:

From the "1/4" comment it appears you may be trying to install Add-ons with the Core.

Try installing just the Cakewalk Core first. 

Then try installing the Add-ons. after the Cakewalk Core is installed and activated.

Yes. Thank you. If you don't install core first, it crashes 100% of the time. I figured it out and got things up and running. There should be some kind of warning, or you should only get to check the boxes for the addons after the core program is installed.

The Bandlab Assistant continues to be an issue. Even though I'm used to it I often have to re try updates and uninstall and re- install the assistant most times. 

It must be developed by someone other than our Crack crew at Cakewalk because they would have fixed it long ago. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm upgrading my DAW, building a new machine. As such, will need to reinstall Sonar. It is not my primary DAW right now ☹️ and am using mostly to access legacy projects. My preference is not install anything Bandlab. I have all of the install EXEs and log-in info for the main program, plugs, and CW Command Center. Can you manually install all and then use Command Center for any updating as necessary, without having to install Bandlab Assistant? (Pretty much what the OP asked.)

1 minute ago, sagetone said:

:) OK, thanks scook. Will do. Getting everything ready now, clean installs start in a couple weeks.

Here's all you need to know about installing SONAR & CbB on a new machine.

The only new bit is the Cakewalk Web Installer.