Toontrack Weekend Deals

cclarry

Massive Toontrack Weekend Deals!

Channel the grooves and tones of quintessential seventies bangers with the Seventies Rock EZX - NOW 40% OFF!!

Or, beef up your guitar tones with a HUGE 60% OFF the Amps EZmix pack featuring a range of guitar amps, bass amps and cabs from 50s tweed to modern hi-tech models.

🥁 Grab them while you can – this weekend only! 🎸

Get Seventies Rock EZX > $39

Grab Amps EZmix Pack >$19

At Time Space

• Like 1

@cclarryI think I read that you used to use Addictive Drums 2 but aren't to happy with their lack of updates, I own AD2 and all but around 4 AdPacks. I own the first versions of Superior Drummer and ezDrummer, which to my ears, are my favorite drum  kits of all, but Superior Drummer 2 is so expensive compared to AD2 or even what I can upgrade to the latest version of BFD for, I haven't updated to SD2 or EZ2. What are your and others thoughts? 

I actually like the simplicity of ezDrummer and the detailed sampling of SD, but while I really like having both, it's a lot of money to have to upgrade both. Honestly, it's just my opinion, but while I think that Toontrack makes great drum VSTs and libraries, they're not very good to loyal customers in terms of update pricing and incentives. They really should offer loyal customers better deals than they do. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If, and when, you can, you definitely want the upgrade to Superior Drummer 3.
It's like EZ Drummer combined with Superior Drummer, and far, well, SUPERIOR!

Yeah, I know I'll eventually do it (I only realized after your post that I have SD2 and they're on SD3). I do love the sound of it over any other drum vst. I just wish they offered long time customers better update pricing, as I'm not going to update until I see you posting a great deal on it in the forum. 

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yeah, I know I'll eventually do it (I only realized after your post that I have SD2 and they're on SD3). I do love the sound of it over any other drum vst. I just wish they offered long time customers better update pricing, as I'm not going to update until I see you posting a great deal on it in the forum. 

I'll let you know if I find a good deal on it for sure...

• Thanks 1

Toontrack made the SD2->SD3 upgrade a limited time thing (and it never returned as far as I can remember). Their products are very good but that seemed user-unfriendly. You can still crossgrade EZD2->SD3; hope that goes on sale for you sometime.

• Like 2

My first standalone drums VST was BFD3, which I purchased about 7 years ago. I found learning it difficult, and although I got there in the end, I still to this day think the design is far from intuitive and user-friendly it is not. Can sound fantastic though. 

Then I got AD2 and that was my go to for a good few years. Much easier to use and sounds great.

Then just six months or so ago I bought EZDrummer2 and it’s been a complete revelation. So great to use, and the way you can customise grooves with complete ease is a game changer for me. The net result is that my drum tracks are way, way better, more realistic and more interesting than before. I struggled with “composing” good drum tracks and EZD 2 has effectively solved that problem for me. 

For me, I think I would get more value from EZD expansion packs, rather than going for SD3, although I don’t doubt it is awesome! 

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

The crazy thing is that drum libraries keep getting more detailed and expansive, yet I have a lot of tracks where this 20 year old kit from Wizoo Samples that only takes up 32MB sounds just fine.

Interesting, I was just going through a bunch of my old software recently and found a couple of Wizoo drum sample CDs. I can't even recall the name of the sampler I was using back then, 

This was the Wizoo Platinum kit which came with sf2 and LM-4 mappings.  I think I paid $25 for it.  I used it mostly in RMIV and RMV but I now use it in Battery since CWBL does not seem to like RMV anymore.  I think they had this kit in FXPansion's DR-008 as well.

10 hours ago, Marshall said:

My first standalone drums VST was BFD3, which I purchased about 7 years ago. I found learning it difficult, and although I got there in the end, I still to this day think the design is far from intuitive and user-friendly it is not. Can sound fantastic though. 

Then I got AD2 and that was my go to for a good few years. Much easier to use and sounds great.

Then just six months or so ago I bought EZDrummer2 and it’s been a complete revelation. So great to use, and the way you can customise grooves with complete ease is a game changer for me. The net result is that my drum tracks are way, way better, more realistic and more interesting than before. I struggled with “composing” good drum tracks and EZD 2 has effectively solved that problem for me. 

For me, I think I would get more value from EZD expansion packs, rather than going for SD3, although I don’t doubt it is awesome! 

If EZDrummer2 has been a complete revelation, if you get SD3, it will be a complete knockdown. It's by far the best drum software on the market right now.