Meldaproduction reduce the price of all of their bundles by 60% this weekend only.

Promidi

Investment in Melda's things has one crucial benefit.

They don't require any additional payment with any version advancement. So if they are improving algorithms or functionality you are getting them free of charge.

Owner of their plugins can feel appreciated for that reason similar like for Acustica Audio.

And maybe they are not the prettiest but really powerful and useful.  And they GUI as is written as shared by all plugins library has this advantage that with update is applied to all plugins at once. Unlike PA plugins which older and newer plugins are often like day and night difference about options for the same type of plugin.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Cakewalk's built-in upsampling

Is a per-plug-in setting.

The plug-ins must be enabled in order for the 2x button in the transport module to have any effect.

The upsample settings are in the upper left window decoration above the plug-in UI.

FWIW, I wrote a tool to manage CbB upsample settings.

Use either the built-in plug-in or CbB upsample settings. Do not use both on the same plug-in.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, Brian Walton said:

I've worked to create my own multi-parameter presets within AutoDynamicEQ (see my MAAG EQ4 one above as an example)

Those are some great-looking presets. Have you shared them to the Preset Exchange?

It occurred to me: for those looking for "air" from the Melda EQ's, I wonder if adding harmonics would accomplish that.

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Those are some great-looking presets. Have you shared them to the Preset Exchange?

It occurred to me: for those looking for "air" from the Melda EQ's, I wonder if adding harmonics would accomplish that.

Not yet, but I likley will once I feel they are finalized.  Not sure if they will get rejected due to using "hardware names" 

Harmonics might help some, but when I do a/b tests against the PA MAAG EQ4 which I also have, the Air at 40K is certainly different in the way it lifts and then gradualy slides down the range but doesn't lift in the 2Kish range much.  Hard to replicate when the EQ only lets you lift at 20K.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Right after you finalize *all* your mixes? 🙂 

I slay me.

Hopefully not.  I just picked up MADEQ a month ago and was my first attempt at multiparimeters so needs enough testing before sending them out.  Many of the online presets are basically trash.  I'm interested in creating "go to" options I'd actually use all the time.  

• Like 1

Just got the Essentials FX Bundle which had the two plug-in's I was mainly interested in. It went from $297 to the sale price of $119 to $19 when the system discovered I already had the auto dynamic EQ then to $7 when I signed up for the newsletter. That's more than fair. I almost kind of feel bad to be honest. Almost ...

1092526674_Screenshot2021-03-14201304.png.46f83b7b44b84ef58b0d4be989a82108.png

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 10:00 PM, mibby said:

It's like MAutoAlign - it's very quick to check it, and you know very quickly if it will work or not.

I am unable to get any usable results with MAutoAlign on drumkits. Looks like it's designed for aligning a single source with multiple mics (e.g. a guitar, or eventually in/out/far mics for a kick drum) but not multiple sources with multiple mics (nears, overheads, room). I purchased it blindly and I regret it now.
To compare, I gave a try to SoundRadix AutoAlign following their instructions and it worked way better. Did not pull the trigger on it yet... 

43 minutes ago, Pollux said:

I am unable to get any usable results with MAutoAlign on drumkits. Looks like it's designed for aligning a single source with multiple mics (e.g. a guitar, or eventually in/out/far mics for a kick drum) but not multiple sources with multiple mics (nears, overheads, room). I purchased it blindly and I regret it now.
To compare, I gave a try to SoundRadix AutoAlign following their instructions and it worked way better. Did not pull the trigger on it yet... 

PM sent.  🙂

1 hour ago, Pollux said:

This ^^^^

25 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I couldn't help myself... my offer on the complete bundle was so low ( < 10% of the normal cost ), I just had to get it.

The way your past purchases go towards a discount on the bundles is awesome.

That is awesome.

I'm surprised a plugin maker wouldn't have a NFR package for "DAW Development" Staff.  

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

The way your past purchases go towards a discount on the bundles is awesome.

There are exceptions unfortunately. I couldn’t figure out why my bundle prices were not dropping in price so opened a tix with Melda.  This is what they had to say which i don’t fully understand the logic. I own both MCreativeFXBundle and MEssentialsFXBundle so was trying to upgrade to MMixingFXBundle which would have giving me almost everything I wanted  but bundle price never changed even though I already owned the bulk of plugins included in that bundle. Here is what Melda said:

”Bundle prices are reflected in the upgrade price only to MTotalFXBundle and MCompleteBundle.

So MCreativeFXBundle nor MEssentialsFXBundle do not reflect the MMixingFXBundle upgrade price in general.”

in other words, Melda doesn’t let you complete a second bundle at discount with plugins from another bundle unless you go to top tier two bundles which were a lot more expensive and had a lot of stuff I wasn’t interested in.

Edited by kevin H

On 3/14/2021 at 11:39 AM, Magic Russ said:

MTurboDelay is so full featured that Swiss Army knives like to say they are the MTurboDelays of cutlery.

Good lord you weren't kidding. That's all I can say. MTurboDelayMB on the other hand, seems like it was abandoned at some point. It has the same complement of presets that the non-MB version does, but none of them work properly.

In other news, I tried MSpectraldynamicsle briefly, and although I'm still having a hard time getting my head around it, I managed to come up with a preset that I liked enough to upload. It uses the bitcrusher device and it's called "Phantom Flautist." It adds a flute-y overtone to your source. I need to get in the habit of using the "description" field in my preset uploads.

Some of the presets are baffling, they don't show the devices on the easy screen, so I can't control them.

All in all, it's pretty fab to get 8 new high end plug-ins for free, thanks to those who used my referral code.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kevin H said:

There are exceptions unfortunately. I couldn’t figure out why my bundle prices were not dropping in price so opened a tix with Melda.  This is what they had to say which i don’t fully understand the logic. I own both MCreativeFXBundle and MEssentialsFXBundle so was trying to upgrade to MMixingFXBundle which would have giving me almost everything I wanted  but bundle price never changed even though I already owned the bulk of plugins included in that bundle. Here is what Melda said:

”Bundle prices are reflected in the upgrade price only to MTotalFXBundle and MCompleteBundle.

So MCreativeFXBundle nor MEssentialsFXBundle do not reflect the MMixingFXBundle upgrade price in general.”

in other words, Melda doesn’t let you complete a second bundle at discount with plugins from another bundle unless you go to top tier two bundles which were a lot more expensive and had a lot of stuff I wasn’t interested in.

That is curious and too bad.  I'd understand if there weren't overlapping plugins...   I wonder if it's just so convoluted with all the new plugins being added that they just don't want to deal with it?  🤔 

5 minutes ago, mibby said:

That is curious and too bad.  I'd understand if there weren't overlapping plugins...   I wonder if it's just so convoluted with all the new plugins being added that they just don't want to deal with it?  🤔 

Thats my guess.   They just don’t bother recalculating.