Meldaproduction reduce the price of all of their bundles by 60% this weekend only.

Promidi

12 hours ago, mibby said:

I think a couple of you guys are a little hard on the Melda UI.  I didn't care for it either, but a lot of work has been done on it.  As Erik mentioned, some users have been creating their own skins. This is the one I'm using currently and personally I rather like it instead of "just putting up with it" like I used to.

MAA-01.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the UI either (and still think it could use some improvements) but I found a couple Skins I like and honestly makes a world of difference in my enjoyment of them:

XENON (one on top)

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=528204

FModern (one on the bottom)

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=534812&sid=5d25d9f59535d6c697c1de908356ab2d

image.thumb.png.d478200dc177b19ac1e6f74e534efe05.png

image.thumb.png.407ac625e3a1ac438a9e36de1dc16e93.png

Edited by Brian Walton

46 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I wasn't a fan of the UI either (and still think it could use some improvements) but I found a couple Skins I like and honestly makes a world of difference in my enjoyment of them

+1 !   And there are more options becoming available all the time.

Anyone know if the FreeFX Bundle is unlocked by default in MXXXCore, if you don’t own the paid version of the FreeFX Bundle? I’m trying  to understand what value there is in Core, absent it being an expensive and expandable shell for things you already own.

8 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Anyone know if the FreeFX Bundle is unlocked by default in MXXXCore, if you don’t own the paid version of the FreeFX Bundle? I’m trying  to understand what value there is in Core, absent it being an expensive and expandable shell for things you already own.

Not sure if those are unlocked, but the Core thing is more than a shell in that you can create custom chains (like a customizable channel strip) with customized controls, multiparimeters,  etc.  

I agree it seems like an expensive proposition if yoiu don't own many, and if you do, seems like it woudl be a nice value add they just give to customers to encourage them to buy more plugins to unlock more functions.  

As I've worked to create my own multi-parimeter presets within AutoDynamicEQ (see my MAAG EQ4 one above as an example) I have to image this could be taken to completly other heights for someone equiped with Core and a big brain.  So that is well beyond a "shell" mentality of just hosting the plugins in there.  

I mean I literally used what they offer to make my own EQ interface and parimeters.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Not sure if those are unlocked, but the Core thing is more than a shell in that you can create custom chains (like a customizable channel strip) with customized controls, multiparimeters,  etc.  

I agree it seems like an expensive proposition if yoiu don't own many, and if you do, seems like it woudl be a nice value add they just give to customers to encourage them to buy more plugins to unlock more functions.  

As I've worked to create my own multi-parimeter presets within AutoDynamicEQ (see my MAAG EQ4 one above as an example) I have to image this could be taken to completly other heights for someone equiped with Core and a big brain.  So that is well beyond a "shell" mentality of just hosting the plugins in there.  

I mean I literally used what they offer to make my own EQ interface and parimeters.  

Thanks. That is helpful. I know it offers advanced routing and multiband etc., but find it strange it appears to offer little fuel for the engine, out the gate. 

Seems mighty powerful, just oddly priced and positioned. 

5 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Thanks. That is helpful. I know it offers advanced routing and multiband etc., but find it strange it appears to offer little fuel for the engine, out the gate. 

Seems mighty powerful, just oddly priced and positioned. 

Agreed, I haven't bought it....but now that I have Essentials (and other plugs), I could see it being really seriously powerful....IF one was willing to tackle the challenge.

It took me a number of hours to create some of those fairly simple custom layouts just within that single EQ plugin, let alone across multiple plugins.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

see my MAAG EQ4 one above as an example

Cool! I'll check it out.  In an attempt to learn to work with multi-parameters a couple of years ago, I did the "Notching EQ" in the free EQ.  You basically move the node around to find a bad resonance, then use the multi-parameter to pull down the gain. It narrows the Q with the gain so it becomes a notched frequency. (So it wouldn't work with the free bundle until it is upgraded which allows the multi-parameters.

The Melda Presets could use some love. I hate the nonsense names that come with the plugins. Totally useless.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mibby said:

Cool! I'll check it out.  In an attempt to learn to work with multi-parameters a couple of years ago, I did the "Notching EQ" in the free EQ.  You basically move the node around to find a bad resonance, then use the multi-parameter to pull down the gain. It narrows the Q with the gain so it becomes a notched frequency. (So it wouldn't work with the free bundle until it is upgraded which allows the multi-parameters.

The Melda Presets could use some love. I hate the nonsense names that come with the plugins. Totally useless.

Yeah, I haven't submitted the presets I made in the on-line upload system yet as I wonder if they are going to get rejected based on calling them what the Hardware they generally mimic.  As I made mine far more on-point.   MAAG EQ4, SSL-E, SSL-G, API-550

I called out on the forum that the TurboEQ is basically the ADEQ custom configured on the Edit tab, and was surprised that the on-line submissions didn't try to mimic this type of configuration.  It is also annoying that they charge an arm and a leg for the TurboEQ when they could have very easily just added those as presets to teh ADEQ.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

MXXX (and MXXXCore) look great on paper, but the complexity of them makes them difficult to use in most real-world scenarios. They also have the disadvantage that if you set up something, then walk away from it, that you cannot visually track how it is set without running through the modules, much akin to trying to figure out your sends in an old project. Another downside (for me), is that I would love to be able to have the outputs go to other tracks so they could be further processed as separate entities. I saw some post saying this can be done using surround channels but was never able to get that to work (and would much rather just output them to other tracks).

• Thanks 1

I'm a fan of bland GUIs.  I open up Reaper as is.  I still use the old skins of former Sony stuff. Live has that 8 bit look.  

The money spent on Melda "everything" took me out of the running of getting IK "everything". 

Edited by Paul Young

16 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

It's $ 192 for me to update to the MCreativeFX Bundle.  Considering I have the following,  are there any other plugins in the bundle that are must haves?

MConvolutionMB,  MSpectralDelay,  MTurboDelay,  MRhythmizerMB,  MGranularMB,  MHarmonizerMB

MVocoder is the best vocoder I've tried. I spoke (favorably) of MTurboreverble earlier in the thread. I got MTurboComple as a PB freebie and it is useful (a vintage emulation by and for people who aren't much into vintage emulations). I have the non-MB MRhythmizer and dig diggity dig it. I got MSpectralDelay as a gift when they introduced it, and since then it has been used on exactly none of my tracks because I find it rather unfathomable (but not in a "whoa, that's messed up and cool" sense like Dumpster Fire). The rest of them....haven't tried them. MTurboDelay came with the Essentials bundle, but I've only had that for about 24 hours. My collection of delays is already crazy, so it will need to bring a lot to the table in order to inspire.

Many of them are "MB" versions, and their fascination with multiband processing has never caught my imagination.  Something that leaps out at me: if you feel you need two different rotary speaker simulations, they are present in the bundle. MRotary and MVintageRotary. I had thought that the rotary speaker itself was by nature a "vintage" effect, but who knows? Why is there no MRotaryMB? Why isn't MVintageRotary called MTurboRotary? Was it because with the much beloved industry workhorse  MModernCompressor, they needed something "vintage" to provide balance? The world of Meldaproduction can be as inscrutable as it is comprehensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, I haven't submitted the presets I made in the on-line upload system yet as I wonder if they are going to get rejected based on calling them what the Hardware they generally mimic.  As I made mine far more on-point.   MAAG EQ4, SSL-E, SSL-G, API-550

Did you simply go through the plugins and duplicate the parameters in the Easy UI?  I haven't put together any easy screens yet. That would be a good exercise. A couple of those KVR guys are making some C-R-A-Z-Y clone plugins with MXXX!  I feel like such a rookie!   🙂

2 hours ago, mibby said:

Did you simply go through the plugins and duplicate the parameters in the Easy UI?  I haven't put together any easy screens yet. That would be a good exercise. A couple of those KVR guys are making some C-R-A-Z-Y clone plugins with MXXX!  I feel like such a rookie!   🙂

Yes, EQ is basically as simple as that.  Read though the marketing on TurboEQ and he basically indicates that was his approach as well, though I'd hope he spent more time tweakng "Qs" to match their analog counterparts and the like.  But I've offered a fair bit of flexibility (using peak or analog peak bands as drop downs) adjustible Q where sometimes there wasn't one.  

It isn't perfect, but it offers a good starting point and some flexibility.

Unfortunatly Melda EQs only go up to 20K so the 40K air band of a MAAG eq isn't really possible.  I've just added some boost to the shelf to help the 20K get a little brighter, etc.

As for "simply" give it a shot and see if that is an apt decrption of the work involved.  😂

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

... As for "simply" give it a shot and see if that is an apt decrption of the work involved.  😂

Haha!  Quite an understatement, no doubt!  There are some pretty amazing things that can be done, especially with MAE, that would make for nice "Devices" as you've shown here. 

Hello,

I have already bought the MFREEFX Bundle and now I am trying to buy the MESSENTIALSFX bundle...

So here is my referral coupon: MELDA3491075
Any new customer who uses this code during checkout gets a 20 % discount

Thanks  😉

Edited by asprog

Does anyone know if the MSoundFactory is Multitimbral in the traditional sense (that is, we can have different programs/patches playing on different MIDI channels from a single instance)?   Thanks. 

Edited by User 905133
truncated post since the big sale is over; no need for all the secondary questions

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

MVocoder is the best vocoder I've tried. I spoke (favorably) of MTurboreverble earlier in the thread. I got MTurboComple as a PB freebie and it is useful (a vintage emulation by and for people who aren't much into vintage emulations). I have the non-MB MRhythmizer and dig diggity dig it. I got MSpectralDelay as a gift when they introduced it, and since then it has been used on exactly none of my tracks because I find it rather unfathomable (but not in a "whoa, that's messed up and cool" sense like Dumpster Fire). The rest of them....haven't tried them. MTurboDelay came with the Essentials bundle, but I've only had that for about 24 hours. My collection of delays is already crazy, so it will need to bring a lot to the table in order to inspire.

I do use MRhythmizer a fair amount.  It's somewhat like having the step sequencer from Rapture as a separate plugin, and MTurboDelay is so full featured that Swiss Army knives like to say they are the MTurboDelays of cutlery.

Like you, I got MSpectralDelay as a gift and it has graced as many of my tracks as yours.

I do use vocoders from time to time (not for vocals, more for  "gating"), so maybe MVocoder  might be worth a look.  They also have this MTransform in the bundle which seems to cover similar ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

MTurboDelay is so full featured that Swiss Army knives like to say they are the MTurboDelays of cutlery

Excellent. Psyched to try it out.

Personal Meldaproduction tips: it's hidden in plain sight, but the saturation knob in MEqualizer is one of my favorite saturation effects. It's smooth, not as grainy as I find most saturation FX to be. At about 2:00 it generates the right amount of harmonics without turning fuzzy.

Also if you, like me, were starting to get resource drain using their stuff (which is usually resource-friendly), go into the upsampling settings and turn off High Quality Upsampling. Especially in things like compressors and modulators that aren't as likely to generate unwanted aliasing. I set my upsampling to 2X, although I wonder if I even benefit from that with Cakewalk's built-in upsampling. How much upsampling do I need in a well-designed plug-in anyway?