Meldaproduction reduce the price of all of their bundles by 60% this weekend only.

Promidi

I would like to recommend to anyone who hasn't upgraded their FreeFX Bundle that they snap this up. Especially if you can do it in conjunction with the other first-timer discounts.

If it's your first purchase with Meldaproduction, there are 2 ways to get extra savings: while you're setting up your account, sign up for their newsletter, which gets you 10 euros to spend any way you like. When you make your purchase, use my referral code, MELDA1923165, which will knock another 10% off the order (I'll also get credits for 10% of your order). These discounts also apply to any other first order from them.

Since the FreeFX Bundle upgrade is now going for 20 euro, this scheme would make your eventual cost 9 euro, or $10.73. There are 37 plug-ins in the bundle. If you have the FreeFX Bundle, the upgrade lets you use the plug-ins' preset manager (and download community presets), scale the UI, use upsampling, and access the multiparameters and custom modulators screens for plug-ins that have them.

The plug-ins in the bundle that I use often, and which I believe to be at the top of  their class at any price, include MTuner, MEQualizer, MCompressor, MStereoscope, MLoudnessanalyzer, and MMetronome. If the tuner by itself cost 9 euros it would be a must have. It's polyphonic and has a pitch-to-MIDI convertor. I also use MOscillator and MNoisegenerator when I need such utilities for testing. Many of the rest also see occasional use.

• Like 7

At first I thought "wow 60%" then realized that 60% off price is close to what 50% off was 4 years ago. MCompleteBundle went up 300 in that time, but is still a little cheaper with the 60% off. It also has 10 more plugins than it used to.

Edited by mettelus

51 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I wish they had a 'Create Your Own' bundle and let you pick 10, 20, or 30 plugins of your choice.

All the bundles I would be interested in include some I already own.

You should get an extra discount for those bundles if you own some of the plugins already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mibby said:

You should get an extra discount for those bundles if you own some of the plugins already.

Hah! I was just going to post about this and your reply popped up. Good timing. :)

Yes, I was able to get a discount. A huge one. I own MAutoDynamicEQ. I can get the Essential bundle for $19. On sale it's $119. So they are giving me $100 U.S. off for already owning their dynamic EQ. To be honest, I'm only really interested in the MAutoVolume plugin. It also has MAutoAlign. They are two awesome plugins. I haven't used MAutoAlign in a while and thought I owned it but I must have used a demo because it's not in my account. For $19 bucks this is a no brainer. 

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

Hah! I was just going to post about this and your reply popped up. Good timing. :)

Yes, I was able to get a discount. A huge one. I own MAutoDynamicEQ. I can get the Essential bundle for $19. On sale it's $119. So they are giving me $100 U.S. off for already owning their dynamic EQ. To be honest, I'm only really interested in the MAutoVolume plugin. It also has MAutoAlign. They are two awesome plugins. I haven't used MAutoAlign in a while and thought I owned it but I must have used a demo because it's not in my account. For $19 bucks this is a no brainer. 

Weird.   I own AutoDyanmicEQ and TurboCompLE (both in that bundle and they want to charge me $44 for the Essental Bundle).  

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Weird.   I own AutoDyanmicEQ and TurboCompLE (both in that bundle and they want to charge me $44 for the Essental Bundle).  

I wonder if they keep track of how much you paid? I think I paid full price for it a very long time ago but can't remember for sure. Maybe you got yours on sale and they aren't as willing to give as much back? 

• Like 1

Yes, price is part of discount computation.

This is why my upgrade to the MComplete bundle is $547.

For $547, I get MDrummer, MPowerSynth and MSoundFactoryLE and any thing else they may add at a future date (assuming they do not add another tier above MComplete).

When I purchased MTotalBundle, there was no MComplete and the only synth was MDrummer and the lite version of MDrummer.

Some time after releasing MPowerSynth, Melda renamed MTotalBundle to MTotalFXBundle and added MComplete.

19 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I wonder if they keep track of how much you paid?

Yes, if you bought it directly from Melda they know exactly what you paid.
For purchases from 3rd party resellers they run with the assumption that you paid 50% 
No idea how they calculate for license transfers between individuals.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

+1 to Steve's summary. Brian, I'm not sure why you get nothing though.

IMO Melda is one of the most customer-friendly companies out there. You do get credit for each product you own in a bundle, they make their discount strategy clear, upgrades are free for life, bundle users get new products for free, and the top-tier complete bundle really is complete. They offer a subscription but it's really rent-to-own with no overhead (but consider waiting for a sale on the bundle and paying upfront). The free bundle is quite good even if you don't upgrade but especially if you do. They even have a low-income discount for countries where purchasing power is low, which I've not heard other companies do. Too bad the functional and dense GUIs are a hurdle for some. I keep meaning to use more of their stuff.

Contrast that with a push toward "stop paying and lose everything" subscriptions, upgrades that only take one product into account, heavy leaning into price discrimination (new users get soaked, wait a year and it's 75% off), $50 vouchers that aren't practically good for much, loyalty vouchers with one tier in particular that is impractical, loyalty points that can go negative (disloyalty points?), expiring downloads, pay for re-download, upgrades that cost more than the original plugins, WUP, ...  I know that I shouldn't complain because lots of this lets deep discounts actually happen and keeps companies afloat, and it's a tough market, but it's nice knowing that Melda's surprises will only be good.

• Like 3

If any first time buyer wants an extra 10% off and to help me (by referral code) toward paying for upgrading the Free FX bundle hereabouts, my referral code is:

MELDA0958798

Works for any first time purchase. I'm broke at present and have never had referral credits before. Cheers and thank you.

Edited by Anxiousmofo

1 minute ago, Shane_B. said:

I wonder if they keep track of how much you paid? I think I paid full price for it a very long time ago but can't remember for sure. Maybe you got yours on sale and they aren't as willing to give as much back? 

That must be it.

I'd never pay full price for anything (ok except Scaler 2).  So if you paid full price then that certainly could be it.  Went ahead and grabbed it as AutoAlign, Volume, Saturator, Delay, Reverb, I figure those are worth less than $10 a piece.  😂

I own:

MMultiAnalyzer (NFR)

MSpectralDynamics

MAutoDynamicEq

MConvolutionMB

MVintageRotary

MHarmonizerMB

MDelayMB

MSpectralDelay (NFR)

My maximum spent is $305 so I can get MCompleteBundle for $790 (106 new) or MTotalFXBundle for $694 (102)

My maximum spent is $270 so I can get  MEssentialsFXBundle for $69 (9 new)

My maximum spent is $217 so I can get  MMasteringFXBundle for $158 (20 new)

My maximum spent is $116 so I can get  MCreativeFXBundle for $229 (30 new)

My maximum spent is $30 so I can get  MMixingFXBundle for for $289 (31 new)

Too confusing for me to wrap my head around. TBH I hardly use what I have beyond the Rotary and the Delay.

I probably use MAutoDynamicEQ, MAutoVolume, and MAutoAlign on every mix.  MSpectralDynamics gets a lot of use too. My new favorite however is MDrumEnhancer.  It's like MAutoAlign - it's very quick to check it, and you know very quickly if it will work or not.

• Like 1