How to - SIMPLE CROSSFADE TO GET RID OF POPS AND CLICKS

jonathan  hanemann

Question

OK, so all I need to find out is the exact steps on how to do a simple CROSSFADE between punch-in and out points on a bass tracks to get rid of pops and clicks. I've looked it up on  Cakewalk's help pages and watched a handful of videos, but I can't seem  to find out the information, or people everything make way too complicated. I need to do a simple crossfade between two clips on the same track. That's all.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

agreed - cross fades work nicely, but many times i split and trim the sections and add fades (in and out) where needed to suppress pesky transients. this is because sometimes the cross fades are not enough to eliminate sharp transients. so - cross fades first, then split and trim second if there are still transients...

3 hours ago, jonathan hanemann said:

OK, so all I need to find out is the exact steps on how to do a simple CROSSFADE between punch-in and out points on a bass tracks to get rid of pops and clicks. I've looked it up on  Cakewalk's help pages and watched a handful of videos, but I can't seem  to find out the information, or people everything make way too complicated. I need to do a simple crossfade between two clips on the same track. That's all.

Thanks.

If you have auto cross fades on simply drag the edge of one clip over the other and a cross fade will be generated. Else, as mentioned above, in the upper corner of the clip grab the fade triangle and drag it where you want.

image.thumb.png.b346767acaab480596927eaf4c074f8e.png

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, reginaldStjohn said:

I don't even see the Auto Crossfade toggle

If you have auto cross fades on simply drag the edge of one clip over the other and a cross fade will be generated. Else, as mentioned above, in the upper corner of the clip grab the fade triangle and drag it where you want.

On 3/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, reginaldStjohn said:

Ah never mind, I see it. Thanks!