Native Instruments - Izotope - Joining forces

TracingArcs

More seriously, here's hoping for the best. Their development styles and offerings seem really different but I suppose that means less redundancy... hoping everyone keeps their job and they don't try to merge products together where they don't fit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Apparently there's talk of a bidding war with IKM.

Or Steven Slate. Francisco Partners have been waiting years for that promised update to FG-X. With that acquisition they could finally have it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

If IKM starts the bidding real high we'll know it's just hush money.

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

If IKM starts the bidding real high we'll know it's just slush money.

1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

If IKM starts the bidding real high we'll know it's just flush money.

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Edited by Bapu
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, abacab said:

Imagine what Total Studio could be with IKM, NI, & iZotope together. That would make for one hell of a Product-Portal-Access-Manager! 🤪

Considering IKM requires you to download "everything" I coulnd't afford the SSD that product would go on, let alone the product itself.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

I hear Elon Musk is considering dumping bitcoin and buying Lars Shares!

The Wall Street Journal has said that the sudden interest in these "Shelby Stocks" means there could soon be a public flotation

Edited by Hatstand
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Zo said:

Personnaly i can see NI ising some of the code from izotope specially spectral rx stuff and assistant stuff ... 

This would be especially useful in sample library development, to have noise reduction and similar tools available at the front end, possibly even integrated into Kontakt. Interesting,

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 2:12 AM, Simeon Amburgey said:

This would be especially useful in sample library development, to have noise reduction and similar tools available at the front end, possibly even integrated into Kontakt. Interesting,

I was last week preparing my courses for student , around rx 7 advanced l and stuff like the baility to get acapalla , to rebalance a mix , to copy an ambiance and past it on another sample , vari speed and vari pitc ect are all crazy stuff to have in maschine 

• Like 1

No updates, but had another one of the investors' companies cause some pain today.

LastPass is a popular password manager that was acquired by competitor LogMeIn, and then later, five months ago, was purchased by Francisco partners and another firm. Under LogMeIn's ownership (but predating Francisco's) the price doubled then tripled, to be fair not highway robbery: $1 to now $3 a month. I used to gladly pay $12 a year, but never actually needed the paid version and quit before it tripled.

In February they told free users they could not use it both on desktop pc's and mobile devices without paying, which is one of the main points of the product. Users who had been with them for years, even a decade, were given the choice of paying up or moving out.

There is no evidence to suggest this was a direct suggestion from their new owners, or even general pressure to increase revenue. There is the difference that many LastPass users were "freeloaders" and many NI+Izotope customers have spent thousands, but I'm hoping alienating existing customers or converting them all into monthly-recurring revenue isn't on the menu for NI+Izotope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mister_tea said:

Under LogMeIn's ownership (but predating Francisco's) the price doubled then tripled, to be fair not highway robbery: $1 to now $3 a month. I used to gladly pay $12 a year, but never actually needed the paid version and quit before it tripled.

In February they told free users they could not use it both on desktop pc's and mobile devices without paying, which is one of the main points of the product. Users who had been with them for years, even a decade, were given the choice of paying up or moving out.

I'm not that surprised by that - LogMeIn used to have a free remote-desktopping tool that they one day decided would be discontinued in favour of their paid-for version.

1 hour ago, mister_tea said:

No updates, but had another one of the investors' companies cause some pain today.

LastPass is a popular password manager that was acquired by competitor LogMeIn, and then later, five months ago, was purchased by Francisco partners and another firm. Under LogMeIn's ownership (but predating Francisco's) the price doubled then tripled, to be fair not highway robbery: $1 to now $3 a month. I used to gladly pay $12 a year, but never actually needed the paid version and quit before it tripled.

There is no evidence to suggest this was a direct suggestion from their new owners, or even general pressure to increase revenue. There is the difference that many LastPass users were "freeloaders" and many NI+Izotope customers have spent thousands, but I'm hoping alienating existing customers or converting them all into monthly-recurring revenue isn't on the menu for NI+Izotope.

I'm very well versed with LP - both Entrprise products and free (and the new chagaes that took effect 2 days ago).  I had no idea FP purchased them recently though, thanks for posting this.

Edited by Brian Walton

3 hours ago, mister_tea said:

Was going to say the same thing as @antler - LogMeIn screwed my company over the same way.   It was working well as they had it, because we had to buy licenses for some of our bigger clients, so they were getting $$ out of us. But when they pulled that, and said we had to buy in to their subscription service, we moved on...  Hmmm. Maybe that's why I hate the subscription model so much?  🤔

Yep, I tossed LastPass out.

There are easier ways to create a secure passphrase that you can remember, instead of a complex sequence of random characters that you are totally dependent on an app to remember for you.

That's interesting to know that Francisco Partners is involved with them.

• Like 1