Native Instruments - Izotope - Joining forces

TracingArcs

56 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I can't predict the future, but my personal observations

• This isn't a buy becuase the company is hemoraging
  • A top tier brand that has seen ridiculoius growth in the last year
  • Captial Investments want a return on their money (this typically doesn't mean lower prices)
  • Hopefully Izotope is doing well enough and continues to do so that major price hikes/lack of sales won't be necessary to meet expectation
  • When the pandemic ends - the demand for the surge in plugin buying is likley to dwindle back to some state of normalicy

Make no misake, we have seen a huge boon in plugin buying in the last year.

Yup. Agreed. I personally haven't really spent much on  NI in quite a few years. I didn't upgrade Komplete or bought into their new maschine+ or midi controllers or interfaces. Ever since the wierd Sounds.com fiasco and the dropping of the ball on Jam... they have become an unfocused company I would say. GR6 turned out to be a turd. No way in hell does that compete in a landscape now dominated by so many truly great  guitar amp sims VSTs. 

not that i know what the hell i am talking about, .. but looking at this.. it's starting to all look like its all moving in the same direction as music labels. you used to have passionate fans of particular music genres and labels that were emotionally attached to certain bands, artists, labels (even label owners in some cases). that all changed and music labels sort of became "music companies" where music is just one small part of what they focus on ..  their real focus is on the leisure and entertainment service industry and how to exploit all possible streams of revenue from it. it all starts to become a big blur and company X is easily interchangeable with company Y.  gone are the days of passionate fans of Beggars Banquet or SubPop .. replaced by people that just like "a deal".

https://www.franciscopartners.com/about

https://www.franciscopartners.com/team

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

Francisco Partners still sounds like an expensive hair salon to me.

I'm thinking that from the customer's POV nothing good will come of this.

Back in the Gibson dark days I hoped that Izotope would pick up Cakewalk. It always seemed like half the staff were interchangeable anyway and a DAW program that came with built in and optimised Izotope would have been hard to resist.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zo said:

This explain the izotope move to sub

I thought that too, especially when iZotope already had a rent-to-own model through Splice; also the rumours about NI doing a sub too. Probably the good news is that iZotope have already said that they're not planning to go sub-only, so NI probably won't go sub-only either.

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

Do you think NI will still be having a 50% off sale this summer?

Hope so. I remember reading about NI being mostly bought out a little while ago, and IIRC the announcement said that the overall changes wouldn't be complete until after a year or so.

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

Do you think NI will still be having a 50% off sale this summer?

I dont see why now. I dont think things will change that fast. But it seems to question what is the point of buying into Komplete or any of their products if they will go via some sort of subscription route. You will be able to buy into the ecosystem with a much smaller upfront investment compared to jumping into Komplete at 50% off. True, you keep paying the subscription, but you can jump off the ship and move to something else with very little hassle or investment loss.

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Back in the Gibson dark days I hoped that Izotope would pick up Cakewalk. It always seemed like half the staff were interchangeable anyway and a DAW program that came with built in and optimised Izotope would have been hard to resist.

I was hoping for that too since they are so close. I didn't even realize till recently that iZotope's CEO came from Cakewalk, so not sure of the history between the two.

10 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I was hoping for that too since they are so close. I didn't even realize till recently that iZotope's CEO came from Cakewalk, so not sure of the history between the two.

I think there were a few names that went from one to the other and IIRC at least one that went from one to the other and then back again. 

I have some bad music software news.

What, one of the companies we depend on the most issued a business-speak press release with terms like "streamlined experience" and "more cohesive audio ecosystem"?

No, that's not it.

That's a relief, what then?

TWO of the companies we depend on the most issued such a press release.

Oh noooo

(at least the Francisco press release doesn't contain the word "synergy")

• Like 1
  • Haha 2