Native Instruments - Izotope - Joining forces

TracingArcs

This explain the izotope move to sub , what scares me is how heavy is the iziotpe coding on cpu and lack of optimisation , if it's gonna be integrated in NI 's stuff , ouch !!!

I'm selling vocalsynth because of my system can't handle it while sounding exellent ... , last NI release for maschine are more and more cpu heavy (FX all around and patches for massive , monark ect ...) 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

Pretty sure it's the assistant concept that is insteresting NI 

Hey make me a song , mix it and master it please computer ! Ok Zo ... also Alexa give me ryhme in O and A  : yes Zo 

Hey guyz i ahve a new song i wrote yesturday !!

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Our imaginations are already running wild thinking of the ways we can make things better and easier for you with the combination of our talent and technology, and we can’t wait to see what you will create“

uhhh... I think we’re the ones waiting to see what this “good news” brings.

also wondering if I should jump on the MPS4 upgrade before/if they go sub.

• Great Idea 1

30 minutes ago, Zo said:

Pretty sure it's the assistant concept that is insteresting NI 

Hey make me a song , mix it and master it please computer ! Ok Zo ... also Alexa give me ryhme in O and A  : yes Zo 

Hey guyz i ahve a new song i wrote yesturday !!

I wouldn't read too much into the idea of NI or izotope really feeling like they needed a "partnership" this is simply a 3rd party investing in both of those companies, which will force the matter.

41 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Did Francisco Partners invest in Izotope too? That would put some logic to this  new alliance...

Yes

Edited by Brian Walton

19 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

“Our imaginations are already running wild thinking of the ways we can make things better and easier for you with the combination of our talent and technology, and we can’t wait to see what you will create“

uhhh... I think we’re the ones waiting to see what this “good news” brings.

also wondering if I should jump on the MPS4 upgrade before/if they go sub.

Better own something solid ans stable now 

I'm keeping my RX 7 adv and ozone 8 adv licences like some Gold .... don't need anything new , this assistant mess is cool but i never use it 

• Like 2

"Native Instruments and iZotope will continue to exist independently, with our own leadership, teams, brands, and product lines. But when it comes to defining our shared future and vision, the two of us will work side-by-side as co-presidents of the new group, supported by our talented and passionate teams."

IOW, they haven't figured out who to fire first and where the real redundancies are. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

"Native Instruments and iZotope will continue to exist independently, with our own leadership, teams, brands, and product lines. But when it comes to defining our shared future and vision, the two of us will work side-by-side as co-presidents of the new group, supported by our talented and passionate teams."

IOW, they haven't figured out who to fire first and where the real redundancies are. 🙂 

why would they fire?

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

so did NI buy Izotope?

That's usually the hidden message in these types of announcements.

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

why would they fire?

See your first question. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

wow.. lots of changes in music software. i think good time to sit back on GAS and wait to see how it settles .

I can't predict the future, but my personal observations

• This isn't a buy becuase the company is hemoraging
  • A top tier brand that has seen ridiculoius growth in the last year
  • Captial Investments want a return on their money (this typically doesn't mean lower prices)
  • Hopefully Izotope is doing well enough and continues to do so that major price hikes/lack of sales won't be necessary to meet expectation
  • When the pandemic ends - the demand for the surge in plugin buying is likley to dwindle back to some state of normalicy

Make no misake, we have seen a huge boon in plugin buying in the last year.

• Like 3