IK Krazy Deal Amplitube Mesa Boogie

cclarry

7 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

I purchased this upon release, and I must say it has come home to roost with Amplitube 5. 👍

So @Fret Flintstone  .. me being a guitar isstttt .. is it worth the punt at $39? I will jump on it if it is worth buying .. just checking as I already have lots of plugs inc Guitar Rig latest and dont want to just buy for sake of lower price only

Edited by aidan o driscoll

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

So @Fret Flintstone  .. me being a guitar isstttt .. is it worth the punt at $39? I will jump on it if it is worth buying .. just checking as I already have lots of plugs inc Guitar Rig latest and dont want to just buy for sake of lower price only

I like it a lot. Really depends what you're into. I use the Mark III and the Transatlantic mostly. I'm not really a metal guy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I like it a lot. Really depends what you're into. I use the Mark III and the Transatlantic mostly. I'm not really a metal guy.

No Im not a metal guy either .. I would be in the Alex Lifeson, Beck, Gilmore, Lizzy stable 

Thanks ..

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

BTW .. I just got the detail. I registered it via both auth manager and product manager .... I cannot find it anywhere. Not in  Amplitube 5 either

Aha .. it only appears in Amplitube 4 which I did not bother reinstalling

EDIT - its finally appeared in 4 and 5 .. took a while after regging for some reason

9 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I like those a lot as well for similar reasons.

7 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

People also tend to be surprised (with the real amp, and the virtual equivalent) of the clean headroom in the rectifiers too.  But I love the non-rectos in this collection quite a lot, I'd say I prefer those overall for myself too.

I was surprised to find that Michael Gurley of dada uses the dual recs.  His tone is not exactly what you think of when you think of that amp.

@Peter - IK Multimedia Once authorised on one system through auth manager and product manager does the same thing have to be done on a second system? Is it already "installed" and only have to open Amplitube 4 or 5 to see?

And while I have you ... Whats with Amplitube 4 and 5? Do you need both? Does 5 pick up all thats in 4 .. owned etc? If so do you need 4 installed?

Why is there an Authorization Manager AND IK Product Manager which both accept serial and registration? Do we need both?

And the CUSTOM SHOP .. why that?

Its crazy stuff .. is there a simple single procedure to install stuff .. even one on the way?

5 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Once authorised on one system through auth manager and product manager does the same thing have to be done on a second system? Is it already "installed" and only have to open Amplitube 4 or 5 to see?

And while I have you ... Whats with Amplitube 4 and 5? Do you need both? Does 5 pick up all thats in 4 .. owned etc? If so do you need 4 installed?

Why is there an Authorization Manager AND IK Product Manager which both accept serial and registration? Do we need both?

And the CUSTOM SHOP .. why that?

Its crazy stuff .. is there a simple single procedure to install stuff .. even one on the way?

IK Product Manager is the simple single procedure for which you're asking.  You don't need to touch Authorization Manager (it's mainly for legacy purposes) or Custom Shop at all to install and authorize AmpliTube 5 (the current version, thus 4 might need any legacy tools as mentioned).  Custom Shop is there for trying/buying of gear purposes.  All you need to do is use IK Product Manager to install and authorize your AmpliTube 5 and other products.  If you have an issue where that is not happening, the IK Support team would be happy to assist you to find out what's going on.

And of course you need to install and authorize on a second system.  It isn't a dongle, so you'll need to use IK Product Manager to do so on the second system.

13 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I was surprised to find that Michael Gurley of dada uses the dual recs.  His tone is not exactly what you think of when you think of that amp.

Lindsey Buckingham was a surprise to see as a MESA recto user for me.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1

Thanks @Peter - IK Multimedia .. Do I need Amplitube 4 installed if I have Amplitube 5? Does the latter pick up all my stuff from 4 anyway?

Also .. do you reckon IK will ever change this thing of a time limit on downloads you purchase before you have to pay again for a download token type thing? Many dont like this out of principle, seems to be unique to IK?

On 3/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

Thanks @Peter - IK Multimedia .. Do I need Amplitube 4 installed if I have Amplitube 5? Does the latter pick up all my stuff from 4 anyway?

Also .. do you reckon IK will ever change this thing of a time limit on downloads you purchase before you have to pay again for a download token type thing? Many dont like this out of principle, seems to be unique to IK?

You shouldn't need AmpliTube 4 installed, AmpliTube 5 will pick up what you have.

I doubt it would end up unlimited, but I'm trying to get this policy reconsidered and changed in some way.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 4