Mackie Control and PC Effects

Unmuzzled Music

Question

I've recently got hold of a Mackie Control to replace my Behringer BCF2000.   I'd been using the BCF2000 with AZCTRL customized a bit to suit my needs.   This actually still works pretty well with the Mackie but I thought I'd give the Cakewalk updated Mackie Plugin a go.   It works pretty well,  but there's a few features I  had with AZCTRL that I don't seem to have anymore.    The main one being that  Pro Channel  dynamics and other effects could be controlled with AZCRTL but I cant control them using the stock Mackie Control plugin.    For example,  I tried to add the CA-2A PC compressor into the   Mackie.ini configuration  as a type 2 (for compressor) plugin  but it didn't work,  The only compressor I can control is the PC76 U-Type.   Apart from the EQ I can't get any of the other PC modules controlled by the Mackie surface.   

Is it possible to do this by modifying the Mackie.ini  file or am I just stuck with PC EQ and 1 compressor  if i use the standard plugin  ?

Hoping Mark McLeod might chip in seeing as he developed the latest Mackie Plugin.

thanks

Don

2 answers to this question

Currently the PC76 U Type (or the PC4K S Bus Type - they're the same plugin with a switch to change type), and the ProChannel EQ are the only two PC plugins that can be controlled via the Mackie.

These were "special cased" by Azlow3 in the Mackie Control source code - all other plugins have to be in the main track FX bin to be controlled.

There may be a way of supporting them in the future, however the difficulty is the risk of breaking the many Mackie Control emulations.

It's something I'll look into when I get the chance.