Exported Individual Tracks Hotter Than Original

JL

Does anyone else has a problem when exporting-> tracks (not entire mix) always results in tracks that are a few db hotter the original? This results in some clipping for some of the tracks. 

I've tried it with the bounce to track feature inside of cakewalk and it also exhibits the same gain increase. I've attached a screenshot of how it looks like in cakewalk along with my usual settings, the top clip is the original recorded one whereas the bottom is the bounced clip using the settings on the right.

Do let me know if you guys have ever experienced this. i do not have any gain increase in my gain knob, in fact i have to do around -3db to get around the same level as the original before bouncing the tracks.

EXPORT PROBLEM.JPG

Edited by JL

3 db increase often involves summing two channels into one.

Examples are given in the documentation

My guess is the entire mix export is stereo so this summing does not occur.

Based on the plug-in dot pattern, the plug-ins in the FX rack are stereo so even through the clips are mono, they are being processed in stereo. 

Exporting the track as mono causes processed signal (now stereo) to be summed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, scook said:

3 db increase often involves summing two channels into one.

Examples are given in the documentation

My guess is the entire mix export is stereo so this summing does not occur.

Based on the plug-in dot pattern, the plug-ins in the FX rack are stereo so even through the clips are mono, they are being processed in stereo. 

Exporting the track as mono causes processed signal (now stereo) to be summed.

oh man you are spot on, I just tried changing the interleave to mono and it really fixed it, I've always thought exporting tracks bypasses all the channel setting except for gain