Would you try Cakewalk By Bandlab?

Sheens

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, Shane_B. said:

Don't worry. I think you're ok. It doesn't apply to everyone.

I have three threads delete in the last two week.

The CH. meh!

It ain't what it used to be.

Edited by Bapu

38 minutes ago, Bapu said:

The CH. meh!

Your threads and others make this miserable world a little happier and I'm sad this is happening. I'm sorry I said anything about it. I should have just shut the funions up.

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

The CH. meh!

Yeah...  I'm about to tell them to F-off and leave.  This is supposed to be like a Coffee House!  In other words, the ONE place in all of their forums where you CAN discuss off-topic stuff (like normal humans would).

This is also my only refuge from all of the crap going on right now, so it would suck to have to leave just because of some power-high mods acting like 5-year olds.  It used to be a lot of fun, now it just feels like a government program. 

Me-thinks you closed your forum down too soon Ed!

9 minutes ago, craigb said:

it would suck to have to leave just because of some power-high mods

Unless I misunderstood it's not the mods here. It's coming from elsewhere.

If I had to guess it's more about avoiding upsetting the sjw/canc.cult. crowd than it is about silencing us. Total speculation but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear they are changing the name to Sonar by Bandlab ...

41 minutes ago, craigb said:

Yeah...  I'm about to tell them to F-off and leave.  This is supposed to be like a Coffee House!  In other words, the ONE place in all of their forums where you CAN discuss off-topic stuff (like normal humans would).

This is also my only refuge from all of the crap going on right now, so it would suck to have to leave just because of some power-high mods acting like 5-year olds.  It used to be a lot of fun, now it just feels like a government program. 

You mean like . . .

Discussion of music related subjects. Off-topic posts will be deleted without warning. No politics. No religion. No obscenity. All love. Enjoy!

This is an inclusive discussion area, intended to promote music-related discussions that do not pertain specifically to Cakewalk software. Users of all experience levels and backgrounds can ask questions and share knowledge. By making your posts music-related, you help preserve the quality of these discussions.

As with all of our communities, we encourage mutual respect and uphold a zero tolerance policy for insensitivity to race, gender and cultural background. Abusive content, as well as off-topic posts and discussions containing politics, religion or obscenity, will be deleted, with possible termination of user account. Please see our community guidelines for more information.

Off topic stuff? 😁

(like normal humans would).

I think that's the problem, some of those that rule may not fall under that description.

some power-high mods acting like 5-year olds.  

That may be because they think the average demographic is 5 year olds.

now it just feels like a government program.

Governments are usually full of dickwads . . . hmmm . . . maybe you are on to something there.

I totaly agree, but as I see it, the problem with BMD, was that a majority of people kept coming back here, old friends, familiarity, not being seen by others to have left the Cakewalk family etc. I think to make a go of it, everyone would have to make a determined effort to cut this place off altogether, and build the new. Also I think BMD had way to many sub forums for it's own good. But there you go.

Edited by Fret Flintstone

20 minutes ago, Fret Flintstone said:

I totaly agree, but as I see it, the problem with BMD, was that a majority of people kept coming back here, old friends, familiarity, not being seen by others to have left the Cakewalk family etc. I think to make a go of it, everyone would have to make a determined effort to cut this place off altogether, and build the new. Also I think BMD had way to many sub forums for it's own good. But there you go.

The only problem I had with BMD was I couldn't get the site to work on any android device. My laptop died and at the time my PC was in the basement not easily accessible.

If it comes back I hope there is a way to make it work on android.

8 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

I think BMD had way to many sub forums for it's own good.

I understand why they did that, but yeah, given the very low forum traffic I think it probably fragmented the conversation too much.

11 hours ago, Bapu said:

The CH. meh!

Don't worry folks, when posts/freds are deleted we get to keep post count / TOTP !!!

Edited by Sheens