Rapture Sessions VSTs GONE!

I have upgraded to a new computer and have gone through the process of "recreating" my Cakewalk as it was on my older system.

However... Rapture Sessions is missing many (most!!) of the instruments. For instance "Classic Piano Layer" and "Full Strings Tender".

They still show up on my old system. Is there a file or folder that I could copy and paste into my new system?

Thank you for your time.

You will need to download and install Rapture Session from the legacy Cakewalk Command Center to get the goods.  Atmospheric, Guitars, Keys, Orchestral, and Synths sound banks were available there as individual installers. The thing with most Cakewalk instruments is that they required an installer to get everything lined up, and I never heard of success just copying files to another computer.

Rapture Session would also import sound content from Dimension Pro and Rapture classic, if presently installed at the time of Rapture Session install.

So you will need to get your new computer all hooked up to Command Center and your old Cakewalk account to access it. Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I never heard of success just copying files to another computer

Well, I, um, know this guy who is a CbB user, and he used his Cakewalk login to acquire Rapture Session, then he downloaded and installed the SONAR trial and noticed that the SONAR trial came with all these "Factory Pro" instruments that would work with the version of Rapture Session that came with Home Studio. So he carefully studied the file structure for Rapture's instruments folder and copied them all over and it worked!

He tells me that you have to be one steely-eyed Cakewalk man to pull it off, though, it has to be done just right, and he messed it up a couple of times before nailing it.

But yes, if you have a valid Cakewalk Inc. login, install your product with Command Center and it will work great.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Well, I, um, know this guy who is a CbB user, and he used his Cakewalk login to acquire Rapture Session, then he downloaded and installed the SONAR trial and noticed that the SONAR trial came with all these "Factory Pro" instruments that would work with the version of Rapture Session that came with Home Studio. So he carefully studied the file structure for Rapture's instruments folder and copied them all over and it worked!

He tells me that you have to be one steely-eyed Cakewalk man to pull it off, though, it has to be done just right, and he messed it up a couple of times before nailing it.

But yes, if you have a valid Cakewalk Inc. login, install your product with Command Center and it will work great.

I agree. "Moving" Cakewalk applications to another computer, rather than installing can be dicey. Sometimes the Windows registry is involved. So steely-eyed is a must!

Moving things around on the same computer is best done with directory junctions. For a new computer, a fresh install is the recommended method.