Kilohearts Non-Linear Filter

cclarry

So what is a nonlinear filter?

Well, it's a special kind of filter that colors and distorts the signal due to internal nonlinearities... 

That's the boring explanation. A more interesting way to describe it would be as a dirty filter that gets nastier the more you drive it. Allowing for more analog sounding, expressive and dynamic filtering effects. 

Nonlinear Filter offers eight different modes, ranging from familiar circuitry responses to new and unheard filter types that go beyond analog, each of which can be progressively driven to reveal its own peculiar magic. As part of the Kilohearts Ecosystem, it can be combined with other Snapin effects and modulated at will in any Kilohearts modular host; Phase Plant, Multipass, or Snap Heap.

You can see Nonlinear Filter in action in the demo video below but the best way to find out exactly what this little unit can do is to try it out for yourself with a free ten-day trial. But make your mind up fast as the intro offer will expire on the 16th of March!

Nonlinear Filter is available now in the Kilohearts Shop with a 50% introductory discount. Remember to log in and check your Toolbox upgrade options.

Nonlinear Filter has been added to the Kilohearts Subscription at no extra cost, subscribers can simply run the installer and update to add Nonlinear Filter to their collection immediately.

Grab Nonlinear Filter for $9.50 (reg. $19) now!

Intro offer available on our website until midnight CET, March 16th.

https://kilohearts.com/products/nonlinear_filter

• Like 1

I could use some advice. I've watched two videos on the nonlinear filter. Both focused on a synth patch. It sounded mildly appealing to me. But I am wondering, does the effect work well on say vocals or acoustic Instruments or is it mainly something you use on electronic music? I am a rocker, BTW. I do have a bunch of Kilohearts effects, so I've already invested in the Kilohearts ecosystem. 

I think a lot of you are also mainly rock musicians. So what kind of uses in a rock context could you imagine for this effect?