Can I add effects after using melodyne?

Hi,

I use Melodyne to sort my (poor ) vocals out. Seems to help. ( I could sing "hey Jude" and make it sound like an only average song , that's a clue as to how uninspiring my vocals are!)

I digress;  I used the "transfer" button this time, not the Region FX method. I think this former stops me adding another effect later on, such as sonitus reverb? Certainly this effect doesn't seem to want to work when I add it. Should I have used the region FX method instead? I seem to recall reading that the order of the effect is important but this was a bit above my novice ability to understand. All very confusing, but my voice really needs reverb!

I'm not sure what the Transfer method is,  but I use the Regional effects and work with only short clips. I then render them ( you can also use Bounce to clips) and they are now just regular audio clips and melodyne is gone. The clips will be marked as Melodyne but it is no longer active. 

But even with Melodyne active on a  track your effects send to your reverb or delay buss will still be on line. Unless you are making the mistake of Applying an effect? 

Using Melodyne as a region effect is the preferred way to use it. If you transfer it into melodyne you may need to bounce the track to a new track so there is just audio on it. Then you can add your other effects. Another option is to route the output of your track to a bus and then add the reverb to the bus. Please take a look through the manual for this feature.

image.thumb.png.66be26a0e6fee27dcb22a47017a1c6a1.png

• Like 1

The "transfer method" (IOW using Melodyne as a regular plug-in) copies the clip into the Melodyne environment, then Melodyne processes and plays back the processed clip. The clip shown in the track is no longer used. 

Anything added before the Melodyne plug-in will not have any effect because the audio is originating from the Melodyne instance using the copy it made during the transfer process.

Render Melodyne to restore the regular signal flow.

Using Melodyne as a Region FX does not use the transfer process. This is what ARA (Audio Random Access) is all about. It reads  and processes data very early in the regular DAW signal flow.

• Like 1