APD Offer - Frozen Plains Scenic Vibrations

cclarry

I have some of this developer's KONTAKT libraries, but I'm not a fan of their leaving KONTAKT behind to make their own custom VST. If they were moving from say KONTAKT to SFZ, I would be okay with it, but not another custom VST. 

Beyond my already having invested in the KONTAKT ecosystem and taken  the time to learn KONTAKT, from my perspective, the developer transitioning to their own proprietary VST means that I have the hassle of having to deal with learning and installing and dealing with any issues and maintenance for yet another VST -- and small devs making their own VST haven't had a great history, as if they go out of business, you're stuck with the last version of an abandoned VST that eventually is likely to have issues that will never be fixed and be completely useless. So, unfortunately, while I like this small developer and have some of their KONTAKT libraries, their switch away from KONTAKT over to their proprietary VSTs is a deal breaker. I write this not merely to publicly air a gripe but because I feel a little bummed because I was about to buy one of their libraries -- I think it's called Slow -- when I read the dev's blog post that he's leaving KONTAKT behind for his own proprietary VSTs and it stopped me from buying the library, because future support matters to me. 

I'd be interested in how other Frozen Plain customers and any sample users feel.  I realize some folks are going to agree and others are going to disagree, I'm just curious to see others' perspectives.  What do you think? 

Edited by PavlovsCat