What's the Deal with Audio Plugin Deals? (Not a Deal)

Reid Rosefelt

Remember when they just had one deal at a time?   And then they had two deals at a time?

The next time I looked, they had EIGHT deals going.

I could usually resist GAS with one or two deals.  Sometime they were selling something I already had or didn't want, so I could sigh a sigh of relief for a week or two. That money was safely set aside to be spent on something from Plugin Boutique or somewhere else.

But it's much harder for me not to spend $$$ with 8 deals going all the time.  Particularly when they are around $10.   Ten bucks is the price point for me to buy something I really don't need. 

How do you deal with so many deals from Audio Plugin Deals? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

There's one patch in the Rigid Audio Grainstates KONTAKT synth library demo that sounds really good to me. But that's all that really grabs me, so I keep going back and playing it and trying to decide. Has anyone bought it, played it and want to share their thoughts? The patch occurs at around 4:23 and it's really wild, and I love it. But the rest of the patches really don't do anything for me. $7 USD for a single patch when I already have more patches than I'm ever going to get around to using.  I'm such a sucker for a cool sound. But hey, it's not like you guys are any better than me! ;) 

https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2/

1 hour ago, Batwaffel said:

now we have eight cause money. 

I'm hoping they will see the light and have ten for $10 each.   

1 hour ago, Fwrend said:

Yep, won't be long and $29.99 will be the new $10!  (I think that point for me was a while ago!!)

I am okay if some of the $10 offers are up to $14.95.    I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the leap for $29.99 being my $10 yet.  But give me  time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It might be related to the survey they sent out earlier in the year, asking how they can improve as a business.

My tip: if a deal doesn't immediately trigger a GAS impulse, delete the email and try to not think about it for much longer.

Slightly more serious tip: if it does trigger a GAS impulse, put it down in a spreadsheet along with the price. Wait for the last few days of the deal - the GAS might wane by then, or the cumulative cost of other things on the list might dissuade you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paulo said:

I must be missing something because I've been trying to spend what is, in theory, a decent amount of rewards money for about 2 years and I can never find anything remotely tempting.

yup. it hard to spend the rewards money. you cant use it towards a sale item. and the stuff you can use it towards it too much.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

APD has become the music software equivalent of those real-world places like Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc.  You browse around in those dollar stores and you can't help but say "I could use that... and it's so cheap... oh what the heck..."

I think you are thinking about Soundspot via Plugin Boutique.

APD rarely offers anything dirt cheap.